Author Topic: July Meet  (Read 8238 times)

Offline bearingburner

July Meet
« on: July 21, 2014, 11:21:57 AM »
Not too large a turnout.They said 78 pre entries but closer to 60 at meet. Got to run Fri afternoon but with strong cross wind. Saturday,hot and clear slight tail wind in afternoon. a number of regular competitors not there. Had excellent and runs went off at good intervals. Not much down time. No moose shutdowns.Left for home Sunday AM early.

Offline ronnieroadster

Re: July Meet
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 04:30:20 PM »
Our team would like to thank all the LTA volunteers they made this meet another great time at Loring. From the starting line format to the top end crews all were friendly and helpful. The easy going non stressed  atmosphere helps make the experience all the better. If your not quite ready to run no big deal they don't come down on you for being a little slow when your ready your made to feel welcome what a great bunch of professionals. Also being able to add some more MPH to the record isn't bad either.
    :cheers:
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 04:40:08 PM »
It's always a great meet. We are going to try and bring both bikes next year. :cheers:
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 04:43:29 PM »
Did Joe Daly keeps his white short spotless throughout the entire meet?

Jessechop

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 07:01:11 PM »

I think so. We gave Joe all of the cushy jobs, you know because of his age.  :lol:

And I will mirror what the rest said, a great crew and a great event. I really love being a part of it

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 09:08:46 PM »

Now that you metion it Joes shirt was spotless the entire weekend.  Maybe he has more than one shirt.  :cheers:
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 09:23:30 PM »
That reminds me of the old rhyme " O Little Man, so spic and span, where were you when the ** hit the fan?  :-D

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline blackslax

• Loring Timing Association
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 09:31:48 PM »
I would like to thank everyone for a Safe, Fun , and Fast event. I only wish that I had not been indisposed but it was nice to see you all at the registration trailer.  Just some stats. 
We had 76 vehicles, 90 drivers, exactly 500 runs and an average speed of 150 and we ran the field out every day.

Hope to see you all and more in 6 weeks at the harvest event!
Tim Kelly
Race Director - LTA
www.loringtiming.com
People dont see the world the way things are, They see the world the way they are.

Offline pushrodtom

• New folks
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 09:48:36 PM »
I ditto all of the above, including the shirt. I can't keep a white shirt clean for more than 2 minutes at home let alone all day at the track!!

One important thing that has not been mentioned was the top notch job from the announcers booth. My bad for not remembering her name but I do remember that she told me she is Tim's step daughter. All the information was delivered clearly and with wit and style not to be heard from a 'pro'. I would respectfully implore you to make sure she returns for every meet!!    Pushrod Tom

Jessechop

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 09:51:26 PM »
I ditto all of the above, including the shirt. I can't keep a white shirt clean for more than 2 minutes at home let alone all day at the track!!

One important thing that has not been mentioned was the top notch job from the announcers booth. My bad for not remembering her name but I do remember that she told me she is Tim's step daughter. All the information was delivered clearly and with wit and style not to be heard from a 'pro'. I would respectfully implore you to make sure she returns for every meet!!    Pushrod Tom

Alisen and she did an excellent job

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 07:00:35 AM »
Great meet.  We had a 6 mph headwind on Friday that turned around 180* and became a 2-4 mph tailwind on Saturday and Sunday.  Temperatures peaked in the mid 80-s. The "Lone Star" starting system that Karl designed is making a big difference and the racers like it.

It isn't easy keeping a white shirt clean at the starting line. It is critical to change shirts each day.   

Offline sabat

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 11:24:17 AM »
Sounds like a great meet, congrats.

What was the top speed for cars and bikes?

Dean

Jessechop

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 11:26:32 AM »

Jessechop

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 11:27:35 AM »
Fast car was Carl Theriault in his Mustang @ 221 (mile and a half)

Fast bike was Ed Petrozzi on his Busa @ 244 (mile)

Offline sabat

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2014, 11:32:48 AM »
Thanks for the great pics and info  :cheers: