Author Topic: picture posting sticky  (Read 5817 times)

Offline DKA

picture posting sticky
« on: July 20, 2014, 06:57:51 PM »
Jon, As you know, I'm not very smart. I can't find anything that tells me step by step how to post pictures.  Can you make a permanent thread at the top of the forum that explains step by step how to get a picture posted?  I tried searching but only came up with 10,000 post with the word "pictures" or "posting" in them. Thanks
David
If it can be built, it can be raced.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: picture posting sticky
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 07:14:03 PM »
What's this self-deprecation, John David?  Who sez you're not smart?  Racing a BMW or BSA or some B-bike -- who says that's not smart?

As for posting pictures, sure - I guess I could put a tutorial somewhere in here so you/anyone could follow it to learn how to post.  Here are a few requirements that you'll live with:

First of all, you are limited to a total of 500kb total when you post photos.  And you can post up to four per post - as long as the sum total of those four is under the 500k.  If you've got more than four, or want to post 'em in big file sizes -- I can send you a the story about posting on Photobucket, which is similar, I assume, to any of the photo sharing sites.  I've got that one written already.

Or you can wimp out and send the photos to me for right now.  I'll post 'em for you.  See you on the salt, right?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline bobc

• Administrator
    • South Mt. Web Design
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 10:08:40 PM »
Just a test of the picture-posting, that's all.  The photo attached is not from racing, it's from my neighbor's lawn mower.  Wish I had an interesting story, but the real story is a handyman that doesn't believe in checking the oil level.
Web Elf

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 03:12:22 AM »
I can get you started, but that's about the limit of my expertise here! As you post, click on 'Additional Options", then on 'Choose File'. Go wild, my son...
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline bobc

• Administrator
    • South Mt. Web Design
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 04:52:53 PM »
The short story is that pictures can be attached at the bottom of the post.  To put them in-line like this:

You have to put them on line, Photobucket or some such, then click the little picture button up towards the top of the 'post' screen and you'll have a set of  tags like

["img]xxx[/img"] pop up and you put the url in between the "img" tags where the x's are.  So it's just a link to the picture that's parked somewhere else.

Photobucket (or any other photo site) can do a much better job at hosting photos like that than we can; as is, there are over 40,000 pictures just for the forum.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 04:55:47 PM by bobc »
Web Elf