Author Topic: Miller Weld tent back for Speedweek  (Read 3715 times)

Offline BurtonBrown

• Victory Motorsports
Miller Weld tent back for Speedweek
« on: July 20, 2014, 12:11:52 AM »
To All,

We will be bringing the Miller Weld Tent back to Speedweek this year. I think the count of cars/motorcycles/haulers we welded on last year was about 50. It was fun as we didn't get to race as we had some engine issues. Anyway, we are planning to run our G/GS Streamliner this year so our time to weld might be limited but we will always help anyone however we can. The welders will be there for anyone who needs them to use. I ask that the guys coming that have extra space to bring along some extra metal that can be used for repairs mods etc to leave by the tent for anyone that needs to fix something. We will have cutting (portaband, sawzall, grinders etc) there to use as well. The welders will be set up and if we are not around feel free to use it we just ask that you "sign in" and take a sheet where to send a Thank you to at Miller and teat the stuff with respect. We will have a donations jar there just to cover our consumables portion and the rest will be give to Save the Salt.
I do have a number of really cool Ground tarps on our website also. I wont bring anymore than people want. Go to our website www.victorymotorsports.org if interested. Let me know if you want something specific.

Anyway we are working away in the shop as the leave date is rapidly approaching. Looking forward to seeing/meeting all of the Salt Fever addicts soon.

Burton Brown
"Live every day like its your last....some day it will be"

Offline tauruck

Re: Miller Weld tent back for Speedweek
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 01:02:29 AM »
Burton, the guys are lucky to have your service. :cheers:

Offline Roadkinglsr

• New folks
  • "Form follows function"
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 09:47:40 AM »
I can bring my helmet and some consumables.  I will would be willing to help out at anytime with some welding for anyone.   Let me know and I will make sure I get my stuff packed.  I just help with a few guys so my time is available.

Thom

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 11:42:30 AM »
We haven't had to weld anything at SW for a few years, but just knowing you guys are there with this equipment is a huge relief and you deserve a lot of credit for making this happen, thanks, the 974 crew,

Sum

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 12:09:51 PM »
We pitted next to Burton and the boys last year - they brought enough equipment to build a car on the salt.

He also had his cars at the World of Wheels in West Allis last February - a fine, show quality representation of LSR in a world of customs, rat rods and restored muscle cars.

Best of luck this year - looking forward to seeing that streamliner put some salt under its wheels.

On, Wisconsin!

Chris
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline BurtonBrown

• Victory Motorsports
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 04:12:22 PM »
Thom,

That is awesome if you can bring a helmet and some consumables and offer to weld for people.  :cheers: Very cool. What we should do is on the sign in board we should list phone numbers of some volunteer welds that people could call for help in an emergency. We all work very hard throughout the year to be able to try to flog our stuff once or twice a year and time is usually of the essence even though we have a week....

Anybody local that is coming that could bring a extra bottle or two of gas would be really nice. We have two full bottles in the trailer but we did use them up last year...

Burton
"Live every day like its your last....some day it will be"

Offline Roadkinglsr

• New folks
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 05:27:26 PM »
You got it man,  will bring as much as I can pack.  317.902.0925 is my cell if you want to post that on a board.  People can call me and I'll help all  I can.

thom

Offline Roadkinglsr

• New folks
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 07:12:08 PM »
What size torch are you running?  All my stuff is 20.   I will pack what I can and bring helmet and gloves.   Look forward to meeting you.  Call me if you have any questions before Friday