Author Topic: SPEED DEMON Book - VERY limited print run  (Read 37498 times)

velocity

Re: SPEED DEMON Book - VERY limited print run
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2014, 04:53:07 PM »
Everyone thank Mike Kelly of Mike's Hot Rod Repair  in Portland, Oregon, for pointing out how to save on Paypal fees. . .

He merely sent his $40.  as "GIFT" not payment for goods. In doing so Paypal did not deduct its percentage fees. I was not aware that this method of funds transfer was available.

Of course, if you don't trust me to send you the book after you have given me the "gift" we are back to original plan . . . 

THANK YOU MIKE!

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2014, 09:31:59 PM »
Louis:

I am happy to pay a small fee to get such a great publication.

As far as integrity I have found LSR people have the most I have ever seen in motor sports.

Thanks for the book, I can't wait for it to arrive.

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2014, 09:36:44 PM »
THANK YOU MIKE!

You're quite welcome.   :cheers:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2014, 10:50:56 PM »
Louis:

Receive my "The Demon's Dozen" book on Friday. Sat down with a nice cabernet on Sat. night read it cover to cover. Nice book. I learned a lot about the Speed Demon project.

Thank you,

BR

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

velocity

« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2014, 01:12:03 PM »
BR

"I learned a lot about the Speed Demon project."

Now THAT is music to a writer's ears! Warmed my heart  to read those words.

Fingers crossed everyone will feel that way. 

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2014, 02:24:18 PM »
Velocity:

You can always tell a great man by how he treats the people around him that help make him great. I was fortunate to work for such a man for 22 years and learned a lot on how to treat and motivate people to do things they did not think they could do. George sounds like one of those people.

Thanks a gain and see you on the salt.

BR

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline desotoman

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2014, 02:50:36 PM »
I am just curious if Russell Russ, Mark McGaw, or Gary Thomas are mentioned in the book as I know they worked on the crew for quite some time but are no longer on the crew.

Thanks,

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Rocket123

• SaltSurfers
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2014, 09:55:27 PM »
Can I still buy one and pick it up at World Finals?
TY Randy Rocket Rideout

Sent $40 paypal hoping one is still available tried to send as a gift. If you are charged any fees I can make it right. TY
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 10:26:40 PM by Rocket123 »
http://www.SaltSurfers.com
Nothing succeeds like persistence. I hope!

velocity

« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2014, 11:29:39 PM »
I am just curious if Russell Russ, Mark McGaw, or Gary Thomas are mentioned in the book as I know they worked on the crew for quite some time but are no longer on the crew.

Thanks,

Tom G.

Russell Russ is part of the books as he was scheduled to be part of the crew until family matters changed his plans.

Offline desotoman

« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2014, 04:53:41 PM »

Russell Russ is part of the books as he was scheduled to be part of the crew until family matters changed his plans.

Thanks for the information.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2014, 11:09:42 PM »
Louise, are you planning on being at the salt for WF?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

velocity

« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2014, 12:40:36 AM »
Slim - I have to file  stories on the NHRA race at Gateway  in St Louis Sept 28 so I can't leave until the 29th. I will be there but rather late in the game. I intend to stay for Cooks' Shootout as well.

I will have Speed Demon books with me.

velocity

« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2014, 01:09:05 AM »
Of the second 100 printed, 40 happy speedy souls have found, or will shortly find, a limited edition copy of  "The Demon's Dozen" in their mailbox.  This leaves 60 books on the shelf with some 20 people indicating they wish to purchase a copy. The printer is thanked for a fine reproduction job of the original.

What began as a profound gesture of heartfelt thanks by an owner/driver to his team has grown modestly to include other members of this grand, glorious speed crowd. George and I never expected these books would be sold and I am elated the streamliner's story is of interest to others beyond the team.

While we await the future of the car and give solemn thanks for George's ability to walk away from a 370MPH salty tumble, I must agree with his sister, Betty Howard's astute, almost resigned observation, "If the salt doesn't get better, we may not ever get to see another car be able to run over 400 a dozen times in one season."  Not sad, or happy, just a realistic comment about current conditions. Who, that has any understanding of this sport, could disagree with her?

I had the same earnest concern 2 years ago when Rocky Robinson chose to stand down from riding after a bigger World Motorcycle Record. Not because of funding problems, or mechanical gremlins or lack of anything save salt.  Accuse me not of being a doomsayer, simply an observer who has a crinkled brow about the future of the great white dyno. Let us hope the concern is feckless.

I will attend the World Finals, arriving mid-week and will stay for the Cook Shootout - weather permitting. Regardless, a small supply of books will be available for sale (cash only) at the West Wendover Welcome Center. See Kerry Supanich.

Offline sabat

« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2014, 11:23:24 AM »
Got mine last nite, very nice quality book, thanks to all. -Dean

Offline edinlr

« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2014, 03:06:52 PM »
Louise,

My book came in today in perfect condition.  I only had a few minutes at lunch to review it, but all I can say is "wow".  Great job!  This is a very well done book and I can't imagine any enthusiast not liking the book.

Sorry to hear about the car crash today, but what a testament to the great construction.  Every day I read about someone being injured in a 40 mph crash and then see a 370 mph crash where the driver appeared to be fine.

Honda CX650 turbo, Kawasaki H2 Ninja, Kawasaki ZX750 turbo