Author Topic: SPEED DEMON Book - VERY limited print run  (Read 37495 times)

velocity

Re: SPEED DEMON Book - VERY limited print run
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2014, 12:24:53 AM »
VERY GOOD NEWS FOR ALL INTERESTED SPEED DEMON BOOK PARTIES!

George Poteet and I had a long talk tonight and towards the end he decided we should just order 100 books RIGHT NOW to have copies available for Speedweek. If the printer will comply I will have copies on the salt. Once again, Mr. Poteet has stepped in to help the racing community; shake his hand, wish him well but. . .

PLEASE

DO NOT ask George for a copy.
DO NOT ask anyone on the Speed Demon team for a copy. I will have all the copies.
The team needs to be left alone to focus on setting records.

If the printer does NOT get the copies printed for Speedweek, George has released his personal stash to me for immediate sale top cover the gap. In the spirit of southern hospitality, I believe it would be gracious and welcoming to serve the out-of-country orders FIRST as they would be otherwise hammered with BIG postage fees. It is enough that have incurred giant travel fees just to be on the salt. We can do our part to make feel welcome.

Once on the salt, my cell phone will turned on and you can track me down dialing:
eight zero five 312 zero 89 three
Amazingly, I have learned how to, and will return text messages as well.

It is my intent to be at the Speed Demon pit a couple times a day -- such times to be determined once I have filed my Speedweek story with the New York Times -- Saturday and Sunday will be nuts, unless we run into each other.

The hope is to be there once in the morning and once in the afternoon - at those times when taking photos would be in horrible light. I am hoping for 11AM to noon and then again from 4PM to 5PM. I need to work out details, and these times may change, but it is a start to try gathering.

I expect to be at Salt Talks, so THAT would be a good meet-up place.

There is another person who may help with delivery and has a booth in the retail area, but will keep that quiet until I check with them.

I will also be attending Cook's Shootout and will have books there, so let me know where you want a copy.

Remember, non-Americans first. . . let's be gracious hosts.

LSL
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 01:55:33 AM by velocity »

velocity

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2014, 02:07:07 AM »
As of Monday, July 22nd, we have expressions of intent to buy for 41 books.

Offline garys speed shop

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2014, 09:38:01 PM »
Thanks  George for all that you do for the sport.

velocity

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2014, 09:02:52 PM »
UPDATE ON AVAILABILITY OF SPEED DEMON BOOK

THERE ARE 43 REQUESTS FOR A COPY.

100  BOOKS WERE ORDERED TODAY. THERE IS A 3 WEEK PRODUCTION REQUIREMENT.

THIS MEANS THE JOB WILL NOT BE DONE IN TIME FOR SPEEDWEEK.  I WILL HAVE A LIMITED NUMBER OF COPIES AT SPEEDWEEK SERVING OUT-OF-COUNTRY VISITORS FIRST AND RELEASING THE REST TO USA FOLKS ON TUESDAY - IF THERE ARE ANY LEFT.

I WILL HAVE PLENTY AT THE COOK SHOOTOUT.

I HAVE ALSO MADE ARRANGEMENTS WITH KERRIE SUPANICH TO HAVE THE WEST WENDOVER WELCOME CENTER IN TOWN BE A PICKUP POINT TO SAVE US CHASING EACH OTHER ALL OVER .
YOU WILL NEED CASH. NO CHECKS OR CREDIT CARDS.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO  HAVE THE BOOK POSTED TO YOU PLEASE REPLY DIRECTLY TO MY EMAIL ADDRESS, OR SEND A PM WITH COMPLETE MAILING INSTRUCTIONS

ONCE THE PRINTER GIVES ME A FINAL COST OF SHIPPING AND I FIGURE OUT POSTAGE FOR THE USA, I WILL POST FINAL PRICING.

PRELIMINARY PRICING IS NOW UNDER $40. PER BOOK AND IT COULD BE LOWER.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THE SPEED DEMON'S DEEDS!

LANDSPEED LOUISE

Offline Tman

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2014, 10:22:35 AM »
Bummer, new job will keep me away from Speedweek this year.

velocity

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2014, 04:25:37 PM »
No worries for those who cannot attend the salt events, especially USA folks. . . I can send the book "media mail" it is slower, but very economical so that will be the shipping method of chocie unless buyers instruct me otherwise.

velocity

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2014, 01:18:55 PM »
The price is set at $35. plus media mail postage. Expedited shipping on request.

Offline gotzy

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2014, 05:55:19 PM »
I'd like one but will not be at speedweek, will ŷou post internationally?  Not a drama I'd not as I could send to a mate in Fullerton if needed?

Thanks

Stephen

velocity

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2014, 01:47:59 AM »
ORDERING INSTRUCTIONS

For those interested in purchasing the limited edition book, “Demon’s Dozen” the documenting of George Poteet’s 2012 racing season where the SPEED DEMON team was able to complete a dozen speed runs in excess of 400MPH resulting in 2 World and 1 National  land speed record are:

Please send  a check for: $40.
Payable: LandSpeed Productions

Mail to:
101 Ladue Meadows Lane
Creve Coeur, Mo 63141

Books will be shipped uninsured via USPO “Media Mail” to the continminous United States
If purchasers require insurance there will be an additional charge.
Purchaser with shipping addresses outside the USA must first contact me for specific shipping charges.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST

velocity

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2014, 07:14:37 PM »
Stephen

Several land speed racers are doing exactly that -- having their book shipped to a stateside address to ensure getting a copy. Canadians save big by doing this all the time getting things from "south of the border".

I am happy to oblige as long as you trust the pal not to run off with your book!

LSL

velocity

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2014, 12:44:09 PM »
SPEED DEMON BOOK UPDATE

The printer has informed me the book and cover has been printed and it is awaiting bindery. I should have the books in about a week - around the end of August.

To those who have already sent their orders with payment, thank you. I will prepare your shipping labels and post your books as soon as the inventory lands on my door step.

I will autograph each copy unless you ask me not to do so.

I will have books with me at Mike Cook's Shootout in mid-September. At the present time, this is the only other LSR event I will be attending in 2014. I may be able to arrange to have books available in Wendover for other events, but those plans have not been finalized. More as it becomes available.

Thanks for your interest . . .LandSpeed Louise

velocity

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2014, 03:01:51 PM »
It might be of interest to those thinking about ordering the book to know it has -- despite its limited print run -- already garnered international accolades. The judge's comments included this statement:

"I initially found the subject hard to follow because I was unfamiliar with the Speed Demon Racing team. However, Ms. Noeth's great detail and background information gave me a great appreciation and understanding for the land speed racing by the time I finished reading," declared retired university professor Robert Ohnstad.

23rd International Automotive Media Awards  | International Automotive Media Competition (IAMC)

A program to recognize and encourage excellence in all forms of automotive media.

GOLD | The Demon’s Dozen, written by Louise Ann Noeth | Book - published by LandSpeed Productions

Judging is by peers, to a standard; entries may earn up to 100 points. The Medallion International Automotive Media Awards (IAMAs), Bronze (85-91), Silver (92-96) and Gold (97-100) medallions are presented for those works so qualified. If no entry in a category meets the minimum standards no award will be made in that category. Entries are judged by Category within their Division. The works sent for judging were published or aired January 1 - December 31, 2013

“I’ve taken part in the IAMA’s since its inception back in the 1980's,” explained Noeth, “At first, only as a hopeful entrant, to find out how to improve my writing and photography storytelling skills. Years later, the administrators asked me to judge some categories and I found the volunteer effort to be as rewarding as it was educational – we’ve got some dandy fine motoring media folks at work in the world! This year, after I had entered three pieces of my own, I was asked to step into the Chief Judge position when the current administrator had fallen suddenly ill. I accepted only after it clearly understood that my entries would get a beating if they deserved it. That those works finished Gold, Silver and Bronze tells me honest, serious peer review was done. I‘m grateful. As I see it, my readers are the REAL winners because I believe it critical to never stop tweaking the talents the good Lord saw fit to give me.”

Judging is by peers, to a standard; entries may earn up to 100 points. The Medallion International Automotive Media Awards (IAMAs), Bronze (85-91), Silver (92-96) and Gold (97-100) medallions are presented for those works so qualified.  If no entry in a category meets the minimum standards no award will be made in that category. Entries are judged by Category within their Division. The works sent for judging were published or aired January 1 - December 31, 2013.

The IAMC™ is administered, produced by and is a property of The International Society for VEHICLE Preservation, ©2014 all rights reserved. ISVP™ is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) educational organization.[/font]

velocity

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2014, 04:57:56 PM »
THE SPEED DEMON BOOKS HAVE ARRIVED!

THOSE PAID ORDERS WILL BE SHIPPED IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS. THOSE WHO INDICATED THEY WOULD PURCHASE A BOOK, BUT HAVE NOT PAID WILL HAVE PRIORITY UNTIL THE SEPT16TH, WHEN I WILL RELEASE THE UNPAID RESERVED BOOKS FOR FIRST-COME FIRST-SERVED SALES.

ANYONE WISHING TO PURCHASE A BOOK DURING MIKE COOKS SHOOTOUT MAY DO SO AND SAVE SHIPPING COSTS. I WILL BE ON-SITE FORM THE 12-16TH DRIVING A BLUE SUBARU WITH MISSOURI PLATES.

ADDITIONALLY, FOR THOSE ATTENDING THE SCTA WORLD FINALS, BOOKS PAID FOR IN ADVANCE WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PICKUP AT THE WEST WENDOVER WELCOME CENTER ON WENDOVER BOULEVARD. ANY $35. PAYMENT RECEIVED (THE CHECK MUST CLEAR) WILL BE DEEMED "PICK-UP" ONLY. SEE KERRIE SUPANICH. SHE WILL ALSO HAVE A LIMITED NUMBER OF BOOKS AVAILABLE FOR SALE - $35. -- CASH ONLY.

THOSE WISHING TO HAVE A BOOK(S) MAILED, SEE PREVIOUS POST FOR ORDERING INSTRUCTIONS.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST AND SUPPORT OF THE SPEED DEMON RACING TEAM -- LANDSPEED LOUISE

« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 05:05:34 PM by velocity »

Offline islerodreaming

• New folks
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2014, 04:25:11 AM »
Hi Louise

Did you get my PM or email?

Trying to pay from out country and want to know postage costs and best way to pay.

Thanks

John

velocity

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2014, 12:59:51 AM »
John

I did. Will send a PM, been out in the community working.

LSL