Author Topic: Leathers for this Speedweek  (Read 4948 times)

Offline revolutionary

Leathers for this Speedweek
« on: July 09, 2014, 02:28:19 PM »
I am going to Speedweek this year to run a little 50cc sidecar bike and need some leathers. 6'1" and 215lb.

anyone have anything legal I can borrow/rent/buy?

thanks,

daryl 615-210-7174
Breaking Wind #9614
  ECTA Record AA/BGALT 214.8
  SCTA Bonneville PB AA/BGALT 237.4
Breaking Wind "Spirit of Effluvium" #451
  SCTA Bonneville Record SC/BF100 48.931

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Leathers for this Speedweek
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 02:36:51 PM »
I don't think you'll fit my leathers -- I weigh in at about 170#.  The length would be fine, and you're welcome to visit the SSS pit to try 'em on.

But please don't do what some racers from a foreign country did last year when they borrowed mine.  They took 'em through inspection and carried them with their equipment for most of the week.  The rider wore his own (non-SCTA compliant) leathers for runs.  Evidently he managed to get away with keeping the starter's eyes off the little button on the shoulder (the button proves they do meet the specs).  Nancy and I were at the line Thursday or so and were looking for the leathers, figuring that if we didn't get them back - they might go to said foreign country.  The name of the country I won't tell you, for the sake of confidentiality, but it rhymes with Spitaly.
 Anyway, we got to the line and saw the guy(s) - ready to make a run and wearing his own set of protective garb.  By the time we got close enough to him to question him - he was leaving the line, so we didn't have a chance to ask the starter to give a second look for the button.

Be legal -- safety is cheap.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline revolutionary

Re: Leathers for this Speedweek
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 06:32:23 PM »
Slim,

Thanks for the offer. I would probably need to stop eating until Speedweek to Fit! :)

My pop is going to be the main pilot, but I figure I'd better come prepared if he gets tired of running (at 78 years old).
Breaking Wind #9614
  ECTA Record AA/BGALT 214.8
  SCTA Bonneville PB AA/BGALT 237.4
Breaking Wind "Spirit of Effluvium" #451
  SCTA Bonneville Record SC/BF100 48.931