Author Topic: Pirelli 110-70 ZR17 Dragon Super Corsa Pro (2)  (Read 1857 times)

Offline racergeo

Pirelli 110-70 ZR17 Dragon Super Corsa Pro (2)
« on: July 08, 2014, 10:38:23 PM »
 These were on the back of my FWD C/GL. Lee K. allowed me to test them after a Goodyear front runner blew out on me. I shaved them down to about 6 pounds. They are about 7/8 " narrower and have .080 tread depth. I ran them about 11 runs. I did a do it yourself heat cycle on them so they are not real soft anymore. They were actually on 2.5" dragster front wheels. A little silicone and 80 lbs of Nitrogen and I had no worries at 275 mph. They have been outlawed on cars. Pirelli engineer looked at the GY front runner and said if those can go 330 in QM and 270 at Bv. then his tire has engineering improvements that should allow it to go 400. My car just weighs 870lbs at rear wheels and he was making reference to it as it is so lite in the rear. These are steel belted radials and have a strong bead so bike can lay over in the corners. On sidewall they have MC/54W, made  in Germany.  they have a directional arrow and say front wheel. If anyone can use them I will bring them to Speed Week. Price is $150 each. George