Author Topic: Motorcycle Exhaust  (Read 3641 times)

Offline coloradodave

Motorcycle Exhaust
« on: July 07, 2014, 05:50:33 PM »
Hello everybody, it's been a while since I have posted or asked any questions.
I was told from an old land speed friend that he had read some topics on here that had some great links that were related to open motorcycle exhaust routing and exiting.
I have looked for quite some time and can't seem to find the topic or the links.
Any help would be of huge help.
Thanks
Dave
No regrets

Offline coloradodave

Re: Motorcycle Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 07:54:39 PM »
Btt
No regrets

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 09:53:05 PM »
I don't remember anything like that Dave, but then again my memory ain't what it used to be.  :-D :-D :-D

Pete

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 12:26:39 AM »
Go ahead and ask a specific question. There are all kinds of expert opinions here.

If you are referring to rules, most venues have a rule that says the exhaust must be directed away from the surface.

However if you are referring to aero, there was a thread that I can remember where there was a discussion that the exhaust be directed around the laminar flow of the bodywork to reduce drag.

And of course exhaust could be used to fill the aero hole in the back of the bike.

Don

550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

Offline coloradodave

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 09:43:24 AM »
Thanks Don
We have run the bike for several years and understand the rules on it pretty well, we are just starting to look at what else we can do to make it a little faster, it's a MP bike with no body work to route the exhaust through, I'll keep reading through the forums but I beleive we have the start of a game plan for the routing of the exhaust after the turbo.
Thanks guys!! :cheers:
No regrets