Author Topic: Packed Podium Finish for LandSpeed Louise at International Automotive Media Comp  (Read 2808 times)

velocity

June 27, 2014 – Berkley, MI - Winners of the 23rd International Automotive Media Awards were announced at
during a ceremony held at the Vinsetta Garage Restaurant. IAMA's were presented at a joint event with the North
American Concept Vehicle of the Year (NACVOTY) Awards.

The International Automotive Media Competition (IAMC), is a program to recognize and encourage excellence in
all forms of automotive media. Louise Ann Noeth submitted three works for review – all three were judged to be
worthy of an award.

GOLD | The Demon’s Dozen | Book - published by LandSpeed Productions
SILVER | Counting Down to a Century of Speed | Magazine – Oct 2013 Goodguys Goodtimes Gazette
BRONZE | Counting Down to a Century of Speed | Magazine Graphics - Goodguys Goodtimes Gazette

“I’ve taken part in the IAMA’s since its inception,” explained Noeth, “At first, only as a hopeful entrant, to find out
how to improve my writing and photography storytelling skills. Years later, the administrators asked me to judge
some categories and I found the volunteer effort to be as rewarding as it was educational – we’ve got some
dandy fine motoring media folks at work in the world! When asked to step into the Chief Judge position, after
entering three pieces of my own, I accepted only after it was clear my entries would get a beating if they
deserved it. That those works finished Gold, Silver and Bronze tells me honest, serious peer review was done. I‘m
grateful. As I see it, my readers are the REAL winners because I believe it critical to never stop tweaking the
talents the good Lord saw fit to give me.”

Noeth shares the Bronze award with Kevin Reynolds, Art Director at the Goodguys Goodtimes Gazette.

Judging is by peers, to a standard; entries may earn up to 100 points. The Medallion International Automotive
Media Awards (IAMAs), Bronze (85-91), Silver (92-96) and Gold (97-100) medallions are presented for those
works so qualified. From among the highest-point (98-100) Gold awards are chosen the Best of Divisions, with
Best of 2013 being chosen from the Best of Division awardees. Therefore, the Medallion IAMAs are a competition
against a standard, whereas the Best of Divisions and Best of the Year IAMAs are a competition against other
award-winning entries. If no entry in a category meets the minimum standards no award will be made in that
category. Entries are judged by Category within their Division. The works sent for judging were published or
aired January 1 - December 31, 2013

The IAMC™ is administered, produced by and is a property of The International Society for VEHICLE Preservation,
©2014 all rights reserved. ISVP™ is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) educational organization.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Corngratulations, Louise.  Another deserved feather in your cap.   :cheers: :cheers:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
Louise, congratulations.  :cheers:  Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline jfr757

• New folks
Ditto.  Looking forward to your next works.

Jack Rogers
Bonneville 200 MPH Club
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
DLRA 200 MPH Club
ECTA 200 MPH Club
Loring 200 MPH Club
Texas Mile 200 MPH Club
Colorado Mile 200 MPH Club
Arkansas Mile 200 MPH Club
Mojave Mile 200 MPH Club

Offline Stan Back

"Packed Podium"  ?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

velocity

Packed Podium = 1st, 2nd, & 3rd