Author Topic: Canada Day  (Read 1714 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Canada Day
« on: July 02, 2014, 07:46:26 PM »
To those of you that are from the north of the U.S. -- I apologise for not having remembered your national day yesterday.  Not bad for you -- 147 years of being a country.  Congratulations are in order.  No doubt you'll be inundated by Yankees and the "Happy Fourth of July" refrain over the next few days, so I think it's entirely appropriate for me - and the rest of the folks on the Forum - to wish you a happy and safe day - yesterday.  No matter when -- all the best to you.  And while you're enjoying your holiday(s) -- please stay safe.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Peter Jack

Re: Canada Day
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 08:40:41 PM »
Thanks Jon, and I hope you guys enjoy your upcoming long weekend celebrating similar success as a country.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Pete

Offline Freud

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 11:07:25 PM »
Are there many places where it is problematic if we send our unaccompanied kids into Canada?

They have been schooled in the proper use of the term, eh.

Can they use their Razor scooters after they cross the border?

Peter, they will bond rapidly if they can call you G'Pa.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 09:50:17 AM »
Jon,  thanks for the heads up---Happy birthday to all of neighbors to the North!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 10:25:45 AM »
I did a road service call yesterday to a Canadian trucker who had burned up a trailer brake, two tires, an air bag & air lines. He said he was trying to please everybody by having his fireworks show on the 3rd.
  Sid.