Author Topic: Weight and Balance  (Read 17959 times)

Offline Speed Limit 1000

Re: Weight and Balance
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2014, 08:18:53 PM »
 :cheers:
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2014, 05:53:08 PM »
It seems to me that every traditional-layout drop-tank lakester has the CP infront of the CG. Yet I've never gotten the impression of them being notoriously evil-handling. Perhaps because the distance between CP and CG is typically quite small? [Please keep in mind that I'm just an LSR wanna-be]
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2014, 07:18:13 PM »
It seems to me that every traditional-layout drop-tank lakester has the CP infront of the CG. Yet I've never gotten the impression of them being notoriously evil-handling. Perhaps because the distance between CP and CG is typically quite small? [Please keep in mind that I'm just an LSR wanna-be]

If one never really spins the tires it isn't going to probably hurt.  It is only then that the car wants to swap ends or if it gets up in the air, say you blow a tire or something, which could happen to any of us on any run (if you have ever done a course sweep there is stuff out there and stuff coming off cars the whole meet).  It just takes a lone dzus or some other small object to possible cut a tire down,

Sum

Offline tortoise

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2014, 07:36:07 PM »
It seems to me that every traditional-layout drop-tank lakester has the CP infront of the CG.

It seems to me that you can't see the CG unless you're Superman.