Author Topic: Safety film for windows  (Read 5345 times)

Offline Ted Hlokoff

• New folks
  • sc GTS and TT GTS
    • Viper Nation
Safety film for windows
« on: May 19, 2014, 10:20:47 PM »
What safety film is required "on both sides" for non-laminated windows (side and hatchglass)?
I sucessfully street raced for 25 years (Gov stole drag strip).  I built Show and Race cars for 10 years professionally.  Have been doing well racing Half, Mile and Open Road Rally last few years.  I have many Mopars in my yard, 2 Vipers, 3 Stealth TTs, 440 Duster, 340 Demon, and a dozen project cars.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
Re: Safety film for windows
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 12:13:26 AM »
Some of the folks are using this -

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Window_Film/Solutions/Markets-Products/Commercial/Safety-Security_Window_Films/

A pretty funny video there, showing a couple of knuckleheads trying to break into a building with the product on the interior panes.

Personally, I'd bite the bullet and go with polycarbonate windows and be done with it.  It's the direction that the rules appear to be trending.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline dw230

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 01:14:17 PM »
Ted,

A standard reply here is to contact the tech guys, Lee Kennedy and Steve Davies for an official reply. Their contact info can be found in section 16 of your rule book.

Good luck,
DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Ted Hlokoff

• New folks
  • sc GTS and TT GTS
    • Viper Nation
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 03:22:23 PM »
Thanks.  I'm trying to keep the car as close to stock as possible.  It's why I'm running GT class.  Not wanting to build a race car, but wanting to come out and kick some ass! 

As far a safety goes, I've been under a loaded semi at highway speeds in a Viper and not even a bruise.  Starting with one of the safest cars on the planet and upgrading from there.
I sucessfully street raced for 25 years (Gov stole drag strip).  I built Show and Race cars for 10 years professionally.  Have been doing well racing Half, Mile and Open Road Rally last few years.  I have many Mopars in my yard, 2 Vipers, 3 Stealth TTs, 440 Duster, 340 Demon, and a dozen project cars.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 06:07:30 PM »
I just stumbled across this one for headlights -

http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=111200

Sure makes that job easy.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll: