Author Topic: Renting a car to take to Speed Week (any advice?)  (Read 22725 times)

Offline skywalker18

• New folks
Re: Renting a car to take to Speed Week (any advice?)
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2014, 09:41:05 PM »
Another non rental car thing I do is using a cooler for luggage. Using the airlines guidelines measure your cooler to make sure it isn't oversize. Some coolers have wheels and a handle just like luggage. Once loaded the cooler gets a wrap or two of duct tape to keep it closed. I have a laundry bag I put everything into inside the cooler. When I arrive my first tops is for drinks and ice. Pull the inner bag out of the cooler and load it up. Half way to Wendover I have cold drinks. Do a SLC city search on Google for your favorite discount chain, then a Mapquest for directions from the rental location. There is a Wally-World 1.6 miles south of 404 South 300 West with easy access to hwy 80.

This comment just made me re-think my packing strategy, thank you for the idea.  Prior to this, I was planning on getting one of those cheap foam coolers, when I landed in SLC, and either give it to someone or throw it away on my last day there.  Your idea gives me more options with the ability to carry more COLD drinks and some food, instead of having to solely rely on vendors.