Author Topic: Liners at Speed Week this August.  (Read 4347 times)

Offline tauruck

Liners at Speed Week this August.
« on: June 19, 2014, 09:16:44 PM »
Will there be a big line up at Speed Week?.

Danny Thompson, Treit & Davenport, Speed Demon.....????

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
Re: Liners at Speed Week this August.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 09:25:45 PM »
Vesco's Turbineator, Nish's Royal Purple, Dalton's Flash Point, Costella & Yacoucci's Nebulous Theroum, To name a few more & it look's like many others too. Assuming they survive the USFRS Test & Tune.  :lol:

The Speedweek entry list will be posted soon.....
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 09:28:16 PM »
Thanks for the info.

I can't wait to see what happens. :cheers:

Offline bubruins

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 09:46:50 PM »
I am compiling a big list of interesting stuff to watch out for in August, but I did wonder, what will "survive the USFRS Test & Tune?" Only time will tell. There's several really, really fast vehicles that are going to be there this year. I can't wait.

The two I didn't see listed above that I'm particularly interested in are the Carbinite streamliner and the Blacksalt modified sports (not a streamliner - but almost one).

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 09:37:19 AM »
There is definitely going to be some very fast stuff out there this year.

The Carbinite 'liner is going to be something to see. I think those guys are on to something with their design.

Don't forget Danny Thompson is thrashing away on the Challenger II as well. This is going to be a great year to be on the salt... well actually they are all great!

Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline bbarn

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 09:51:42 AM »
The Carbiliner will be at Speed Week and the T&T!

The list for T&T is getting shorter...so is the time to complete it! Many of the "no-go" items are 75%+ complete, we have a plan that looks like we will be in good shape to run the T&T.

One thing we didn't plan on was having a "spare" motor for Speed Week. Since we decided to cannibalize Vinny's motor and build a new 540cid, we found that with just a few more parts we could have both the 496cid and the 540cid. They are different classes (A vs. AA) but we don't really care as long as we have a backup for a failure. We may not have the big motor for T&T, we'll just have to suffer through with only 1800HP!  :-P

It will still be a good test even with the "small" motor. This will give us some good stability testing, program testing and other system tests that will otherwise be the same regardless of cid.

Barring any unforeseen issues, we are planning on both venues.
I almost never wake up cranky, I usually just let her sleep in.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 11:26:07 AM »
1800 HP mule motors  :-o  who would have thought such   :-D  :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!