Author Topic: Bonneville Spectator Advice  (Read 31202 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Bonneville Spectator Advice
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2014, 07:57:02 PM »
Here's some generic information for everyone.

First of all, the diesel prices here are no higher than in SLC yesterday -- about $3.90/gallon.  At Smith's it is the lowest I see in town -- $3.84.9/gallon.  Gasoline is a dime or so under $4/gallon, too.

The Red Garter outside renovation looks to be all done.  We're going to try the restaurant tonight and will give you our "review" later.

The police are still being strict about driving rules and infractions.  Speed limits are to be observed, and stop signs mean STOP, not slow to a slow roll.  Don't bother trying to get there 10 seconds earlier -- it takes longer for the officer to write your citation.

We saw a good number of wet spots in the mud along the road to land's End.  Don't go out there for the fun of it - because that fun, if it ends with you getting stuck - will cost you something like a kilobuck.  Yeeoowwch.

We'll try eating at the Salt Flats cafe tomorrow or the next day.  I suppose that Marcello is still there with his boys and that'll mean no big changes - just good food at low prices.

Further deponent sayeth not - at least at this time. :-D
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com