Author Topic: Saving the Salt  (Read 547354 times)

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
Re: Saving the Salt
« Reply #1260 on: December 05, 2016, 12:04:35 AM »
Gee, guys - it's all okay - they're racing!  See, they even made a movie about it . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au_I_c1JNO8

This week, last December, the ball was in our court.  We were told we'd have a plan by mid January. 

Then we lost control of the message, and the BLM capitalized on it.

The iron's cold now.

"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline jacksoni

« Reply #1261 on: December 05, 2016, 07:33:44 AM »
Article in Car and Driver I just saw. Guy came out to observe, help. Looked at the conditions and then drank the Brenda Bowen kool aid about what used to be and the studies. What Subaru.
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
  G/FAlt- 193.934 2021 (196.033 best)
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #1262 on: December 05, 2016, 11:09:20 AM »
Terrific editing!
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Ron Gibson

« Reply #1263 on: December 05, 2016, 11:19:18 AM »
Might have been better for our cause if Lattin hadn't said "the salt is pretty good this year", but I'm sure some of it was edited for their point of view but he did say that.
The professor says the salt has always been a "thin" crust. Conveniently ignoring the past studies and reports. She's alluding to the fact that the salt South of the hi-way came from that side and belongs there.

Would it  do us any good to establish one of those funding sites to have put together a good quality presentation (as theirs is but factual) to post on Facebook, youtube, etc? I'm sure there are reports,films, pictures or videos of how thick or large the flats used to be.
Years ago I've seen salt buckles way down and off course where the crust was inches thick and now some think a half inch is good.

My rant for this time

Ron

Example: on Sid's last video posting, the host says the salt was from 4 to 30 inches thick.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 11:25:53 AM by Ron Gibson »
Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.

Offline sofadriver

« Reply #1264 on: December 05, 2016, 08:31:06 PM »

Would it  do us any good to establish one of those funding sites ...............

Ron

Wow! What a terrific idea!
People spread their goals, needs and causes worldwide on those things.
I think the big one is gofundme.com
Mike in Tacoma

"aww, what the hell - let's just do it".............

Bike #833
100cc A/G, A/F and APS/G (in 2019)

Offline Vinsky

« Reply #1265 on: December 07, 2016, 11:20:57 AM »
Has anyone noticed Intrepid Potash stock lately? NYSE:IPI  :-o and the expected growth in the future?
Kinda scary.
John

Offline JC Sparks

• www.JCSPARKS1.com
« Reply #1266 on: December 07, 2016, 03:59:18 PM »
 Should be interesting to hear what the new head of the EPA has to say when he is ask about saving the salt.   JC
Nitromethane is liquid heroin.

Offline Ron Gibson

« Reply #1267 on: December 07, 2016, 07:34:25 PM »
I don't know how long it has been there or how many others have missed it but I sure feel stupid for missing it. I always just go to the new posts without looking around the site. Just glancing at the Car and Driver banner in the upper right corner I just thought it was an advertisement. Was I ever wwwwwwrrrrong.
If anyone else has missed it, go read it. Articles like that out in 72 and Intrepid and U of U studies still maintain they're not doing any harm. 

Ron
Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.

Offline Vinsky

« Reply #1268 on: December 07, 2016, 10:21:12 PM »
Between the new EPA and Dept. of Interior directors I'm feeling more hope than I have for a long time.
http://www.mensjournal.com/adventure/articles/who-will-lead-trumps-department-of-the-interior-the-current-picks-w450607
John

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #1269 on: December 08, 2016, 08:07:51 AM »
Between the new EPA and Dept. of Interior directors I'm feeling more hope than I have for a long time.
http://www.mensjournal.com/adventure/articles/who-will-lead-trumps-department-of-the-interior-the-current-picks-w450607

I might see it from another view point.  These people seem to be all about mineral extraction,

Sumner

Offline Vinsky

« Reply #1270 on: December 08, 2016, 01:16:21 PM »

I might see it from another view point.  These people seem to be all about mineral extraction,

Sumner

Technically, it's called 'mining' as in liquid or brine mining. Maybe at some point too much soil in the brine will have an effect on future mining. http://www.intrepidpotash.com/
John

Offline sofadriver

Mike in Tacoma

"aww, what the hell - let's just do it".............

Bike #833
100cc A/G, A/F and APS/G (in 2019)

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #1272 on: December 11, 2016, 10:33:21 AM »
So-called "conservationists" are always running around flailing their arms, claiming that the sky is falling. Good grief- how could the Bonneville situation be made much worse than it is already?

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #1273 on: December 11, 2016, 02:01:08 PM »
Storing nuclear waste there?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline will6er

« Reply #1274 on: December 11, 2016, 03:32:06 PM »
How about more canals for brine harvesting?