Author Topic: Saving the Salt  (Read 545699 times)

Offline distributorguy

• Advanced Distributors
Re: Poor Salt Conditions - all topics merged into one
« Reply #1140 on: May 31, 2016, 03:34:40 PM »
The salt flats belongs to each and every person that is a US Citizen and as such it is up to each of us to help to get the restoration process started.  :x
Best Regards to All,
HB2 :-)

Actually its the responsibility of BLM.   :dhorse: :dhorse: :dhorse: :dhorse: :dhorse:
Its our responsibility to get them fired or replaced.   You can be sure if BLM was a private enterprise, hides would have been tanned by now.  :cheers:
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. 
Racing is the evil modification of insanity.

Offline Harold Bettes

• Firebase High Country
« Reply #1141 on: June 02, 2016, 02:33:05 PM »
Your comments are acknowledged and in princip agreed. However, it ignores the basic indications that the BLM is corruption intended or a personification of ineptness. Either way, the result is the same. More time given to decrease the salt surface.

Salty but dried mud will not be an El Mirage in the making any time in our life cycles. The disappearance of the salt is the problem.......just follow the money. The SALT is south of the highway and it came from north of the highway. :-(

When in question or in doubt, fire 'em all is a very good viewpoint when evaluating bureaucracies or politicians. :-D 

Regards to All,
HB2 :-)

If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

As iron sharpens iron, one man sharpens another.

Offline gnomenator

« Reply #1142 on: June 29, 2016, 09:41:28 PM »
Hi all, sitting here in dis-belief just went to the SCTA Facebook page and they posted as of 5pm 6/28/16  THEY HAVE A 3 & 5 & 8 MILE COURSE!!!! How is that possible when USFRA just cancelled T&T?? Anybody know if this is true?? WOW WOULDN'T THAT BE SOMETHIN......... :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1143 on: June 30, 2016, 12:07:54 AM »
it might have something to do with 6 more DRYING weeks before it was going to be run on instead of 10 days
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline gnomenator

« Reply #1144 on: June 30, 2016, 01:37:56 AM »
Hey Sparky, yeah I understand that, but my surprise was how FAST they were able to lay out 3 courses, when Monty indicated most was under water. Of course the access is probably STILL under and good thinking on their part not to do additional damage, and I also believe USFRA runs a different course from SCTA,no? Well no matter what, the pics sure do look pretty good considering we all pretty much didn't think we'de ever see that again! Just have to keep the faith and keep fighting the good fight to make it right PERMANENTLY  !!Hope for Sun and good salt to all !! :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1145 on: June 30, 2016, 08:27:59 AM »
 :cheers: :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #1146 on: June 30, 2016, 08:54:40 AM »
USFRA and SCTA/BNI often run the same (basic) course.  USFRA has stuff like a separate course for 130/150 Clubs -- most likely, but not guaranteed that they won't be able to use an existing one.  I'll presume that sharing courses is discussed among the cognoscenti among the organisations.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline jacksoni

« Reply #1147 on: June 30, 2016, 09:09:25 AM »
Monte didn't exactly say everything was under water. He said things were wet in some areas and they were afraid not that dragging a course would be an issue but that the traffic might be in the wet areas:

"The area where we had planned to drag the course was in pretty decent shape.  However, there is still standing water at the end of the access road and the areas where we would have access to a pit area. We did not want to take any chances of causing damage to the surface and possibly jeopardizing future events."
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
  G/FAlt- 193.934 2021 (196.033 best)
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #1148 on: June 30, 2016, 09:45:23 AM »
We do in facocus the same courses as Speed Week. The costs of surveying and dragging are covered by the course prep fees and that is a shared account.
In looking at the photos on the SCTA Facebook page, it does not appear to me that a drag has been over any of the areas photographed.  I really hope this all works out this year.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #1149 on: June 30, 2016, 10:06:36 AM »
Monte, are you sure that you want to admit - right here on the internet - that you really "facocus"?  I mean, after all, this IS a family-kinda-friendly site. :-o
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline RichFox

« Reply #1150 on: June 30, 2016, 07:48:06 PM »
Picture my friend sent today. He is not a racer so picture is mostly him and wife. Still background looks pretty good

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1151 on: June 30, 2016, 08:50:56 PM »
yeppers it looks like salt---- instead of muck

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #1152 on: July 01, 2016, 01:26:20 AM »
Dang auto correct. At least that is my excuse and I am sticking to it.  What I meant to say,  was that we do in FACT use the same courses as Speed Week.

Offline gnomenator

« Reply #1153 on: July 01, 2016, 03:00:27 PM »
Nice save Monty!!! :-D :cheers:

Offline gnomenator

« Reply #1154 on: July 01, 2016, 03:03:03 PM »
OOOPS  Nice save MontE  sorry for that earlier spelling :oops: :cheers: