Author Topic: Refillable Fire Suppression Systems  (Read 10024 times)

Offline jdincau

Re: Refillable Fire Suppression Systems
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2014, 10:42:07 AM »
Who does the belts?
Both Diest and DJ will re web out of date belts and restraints of their manufacture at a reasonable price.
Unless it's crazy, ambitious and delusional, it's not worth our time!

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2014, 10:45:59 AM »
Who does the belts?
Both Diest and DJ will re web out of date belts and restraints of their manufacture at a reasonable price.

Yes they do, I have a Diest Chute and window nets and will replace the Simpson belts next time around with Diest. Nothing against Simpson, love their products but it does not make sense to buy $300 worth of belts for the amount of runs I am doing...which has been none lately. :(

ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Joe Timney

• Delaware Chassis Works
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2014, 12:40:27 PM »
  I just got a "new" Firefox bottle last week on Friday. The bottle is tagged with a mfg. date of 11/2012. Inspection date of 4/2014. Instant depreciation.
     Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

The SFI spec says the system MFG date is good for 6 years. At that time the system must be rebuilt by the manufacturer per SFI spec. The DOT standard hydro date code is good for 12 years. The bottle can be re-hydro'ed for an additional 5 years, no limit on how many times it can re-ceited as long as the bottle is not damaged. The the fire system manufacturer's purchase their bottles hydro'ed so they really do not have control over the dates.
Joe Timney
Retired President of ECTA
President of Delaware Chassis Works
President of FIREFOX Fire Suppression System
www.delawarechassisworks.com