Author Topic: GoPro remote cable diagram question  (Read 1775 times)

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
GoPro remote cable diagram question
« on: June 04, 2014, 05:29:22 PM »
Last year I bought a remote cable for my GoPro and paid too much for it. Someone from this site posted some links to make your own remote camera start buttons. Could have built 5 remote cables for what I paid for one!  The link below is from that original LR post a while back. The link has a plug diagram and links to buy the components. I splurged the $20 bucks for two plugs, the resistors, LEDs and buttons to build two cables. 

My question is on the diagram, most of it self explanatory, with the exception of the red line on pin #2. It seems to show one leg going through the 75 ohm resistor to ground and the other leg to "video out" with what looks to terminate at a ground as well. Can someone with some electronic experience explain the pin # 2 leg to me? Perhaps someone with an electronics background can chime in.

http://code.google.com/p/arducam-osd/wiki/GoPro_HD_Hacking

Thanks,

BR

Having the front and rear bumper GoPro cameras on remote switches is a nice option.

GoPro Front Mount

ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: GoPro remote cable diagram question
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 05:41:24 PM »

Hope someone else chimes in but from what I read there that is a video output (pin 2) if you need/or want to use that.  It would go to a plug, probably female with the center going to the 2 pin and the outer going to ground.  It would then have a male plug inserted into it that would have the signal on the center tip and the ground below it.  This would be used for a second remote video screen is my guess, but that is what it is, a guess.

So hopefully someone else can say if this is right or wrong.

I think you only need to be concerned with the right side of the diagram for what you want to do and then only the part in black.  Don't connect the red part to the right unless you are trying to get video out,

Sum

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 08:33:44 PM »
Sum:

Thank you, for your thoughts.

BR

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 01:56:30 PM »
Sumner:

You were dead on, the remote cable works perfectly. I will build another one for the rear bumper camera.

Thanks for the input.

BR

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM