Author Topic: Dirty laundry....  (Read 34468 times)

Offline Graham in Aus

Re: Dirty laundry....
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2014, 09:34:06 AM »

If you have WIFI do you even need those other things?  :-o :-D

Hmmn. Self actualised in cyberspace........   :-D

I'm "Smoke Jumpen" and needed someones help and my dead line is 10 June.
 :cheers:You da man :cheers:

Sounds like you're headin' for your own peak experience there Johnboy!  :-P

PM Sent.....

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2014, 10:06:10 AM »
When your a jumper you look every direction. you fix your problem or you die. I needed  someone to check my work. i I am happy you had the interest and told me you will help. back to the FIRE I' buy you a beer when I'm done8-)

John
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2014, 11:41:08 AM »
I would like to thanks EVERYONE for the support, emails and PMs, it means the world to me.

I never intended for this to be SCTA bashing. Lets look at this from the SCTA prospective:

Lets say we (the ones reading this) are SCTA board members in a meeting for disciplinary action against a racer.
Here comes a trusted official (the investigator in this case) laying out item after item of horrible things this person did.
Lets vote.......'no ban or 5 years' (NO OTHER CHOICE) <how do you like that for some inside info!

What do yo think you would vote?I doubt 10% of the board members could tell you what I looked like. I mean who is this 'Jonny Hotnuts' anyway!? Why would the board at large have any reason NOT to believe all the stuff that was being said by a fellow board member? Unless I had previous knowledge or insight I would of followed along and banned myself also shouting "f- him, throw'em to the wolves"!!!!

I have been angry with the SCTA for a long time....but its NOT the SCTA I should be angry with. It was the person accusing me and presenting all of the stuff as fact to the board. I will admit that I have some REAL mixed feelings about some of the board members who knew during or after, that some of the elements didnt exactly add up. Considering the circumstances if I were a board member and and had doubt or concerns about the validity of some accusations I would of said said something as apposed to doing nothing. I strive in all aspects of life to stand up for the little guy, unwilling or unable to stand up for themselves. If I were to be angry it would be that I feel that when I needed you, you werent there.

-And of course angry at the person who used emotion to compromise the integrity of my investigation. That person I am angry with.....no doubt.

I dont know who my accuser was, maybe its common knowledge who conducts disciplinary investigations but it is unbeknownst to me. It is easy to, behind closed doors, to make accusations about another....its quite another to do so in a public arena.

-I am calling my accuser out, here and now publicly. Stand up and say everything you accused me of is accurate and you know all of it was 100% fact. Tell me I was judged without pre held malice and equally as all other racers who fell in similar circumstance. I am giving you the opportunity to say this online vs a face to face without fear of retribution.....because,....If you had the balls to say it was fair and correct and we were face to face it would result in me getting a lifetime ban (*although then a ban would be justified, as would be my motivation.)

SO STAND AND DELIVER, IM CALLING YOU OUT. YOU CAN TALK TO THE BOARD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS AND ACCUSE SOMEONE OF ALL THIS STUFF....say it now.

Chris, I don't have a dog in this fight, but will give you some words of wisdom for what ever they are worth. Take down all of your videos on the internet.Glad you survived that crash. Tom G.

Thanks TG, and I dont know what videos you would be referring to. I have an number of videos on facebook with 'balloons tied to my dog' and 'boy gets a carrot cone as apposed to ice cream as he expected' but not much more.

I wouldn't call an appeal '' begging'' but standing up for your self.  IT appears that some of the board members are having second thoughts.  Appeal it. 5 years is to long.

This is a hard one for me brother,....

At this point I dont even know if I would accept a repeal of the ban, let it stand. What has  changed really...'second thoughts'? Almost a year has transpired and multiple board meetings. If some were having 'second thoughts' maybe, just maybe someone with 'second thoughts' could of taken some stand no matter how slight. Where where you when I really needed a friend? Thanks for the 'second thoughts' but you had opportunities to do the right thing and allowed them to come to pass. By doing nothing, you elected to turn your back on me and no matter how disappointing this is....it is what it is. -I see the situation of knowing there were 'problems' with the investigation that would justify you having 'second thoughts' and doing nothing is in many respects worse than someone angry with me making false or misled statements. At least a person angry has motivation, maybe even justified anger (doesnt justify drowning someone, but...). A person that knows something is wrong and chooses to not support a friend in need.....well.....hummmmm.....

To me.....the ban sucks not because I dont entirely deserve to be punished, because I believe as many other do that it was not based on fair or correct elements...so what does that make it? But what is worse....is the fact that I truly felt let down by friends, the SCTA board and even my accuser who KNEW things werent exactly the way they should of been and chose to do nothing. Doing what you feel is right and doing the right thing even if may alienate you from your colleagues/friends to me is the most important attribute a person can have.

I must confess myself disappointed no board members past or present have stepped up and said anything on this thread, pro or con. Seems.....rather quite.....Maybe with the 700 views no board members were included?

-Tell me I'm wrong about anything I have said.

~JH

ALSO....

If anyone disputes ANYTHING I have said, wants to discuss elements I have disclosed, or just wants to have a friendly chat about the weather or other and wants to talk personally without being on this forum:

503-422-6575 <you can call that 24/7 or email

jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

Also note....
I have talked to several board members. EVEN WHEN ASKED I refused to reveal who gave me inside info and betray the trust of another; even if it was a benefit to my cause. I will not reveal names of anyone to another or publicly.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 11:46:32 AM by Jonny Hotnuts »
jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2014, 11:47:31 AM »
An old Texas sage once told me:

"A wise man makes peace with the Pharisee on the way to the Temple."   rolleyes
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2014, 11:54:43 AM »
JH, Thank You For Sharing your knowledge. You know what you want to say, but if both people can't speak the same language nothing can get accomplished :cheers:

IMHOP

Hope to have a beer or two with you soon  :cheers:

a fellow 2 percenter

JB
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2014, 12:23:32 PM »
Jonny, I do not know you personally, but we have exchanged emails where you helped me a lot with my engine. So thanks again for that. But just from your writing on here and other boards I can tell you are a good person. So when the SCTA bans you from their venue for 5 years based on an ANONYMOUS report from a person with dubious information and apparently malicious intent and will not allow you to defend yourself, I tend to side with you, rather than SCTA.

In America's courts, you get to face your accuser and defend yourself. Is SCTA setting themselves up as a Kangaroo Court and ignoring a citizens basic rights and freedoms?

I hope you do appeal the ban. You will open some eyes to the misinformation they have been given for sure. I have no idea who anyone is on the SCTA board, but there must be some honest persons on it.

Don
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

Offline dw230

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2014, 12:30:38 PM »
"I have no idea who anyone is on the SCTA board, but there must be some honest persons on it."

Look at the names in section 16 of your rule book, you might recognize some of them.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline poserracer

• New folks
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2014, 12:35:23 PM »
Mr. Nuts,

While some of what you say may be true the real problem lies solely in your lap.

If you were not there to face the SCTA board with your side of the story you have no room to bitch here IMO. You could have used a local representative on your behalf or sent the board a letter stating your side of the story. This has been done many times before in this manner. You yourself said you made some mistakes. The people (more than one) who do investigations of accidents in land speed racing put a report together for the board, the insurance company's and potentially the lawyers. There is no grad scheme to "get johnny", but the things they found caused great concern, so much so that a new rule was added this year because of your "event"

I too am glad you recovered well after you accident. Hope you learned the rule book is there FOR YOU. And if you think you are smarter than the rules in the book, send in a rule change request form on the SCTA home page Before Sept 15th.

Best regards in your future racing endeavors.

By the way, I'm not a board member, just a poserracer.

Just A Wanabe

Offline jl222

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2014, 12:44:35 PM »
"I have no idea who anyone is on the SCTA board, but there must be some honest persons on it."

Look at the names in section 16 of your rule book, you might recognize some of them.

DW

Maybe one of these honest persons will make a motion to revisit Jonny's 5 yr ban at the next board or rep meeting.

JL222

adding a few min later.

Jonny stick up for your self and send a letter to the board. All communications are supposed to be read at the meetings. We also need to hear SCTA'S side of the ban.

JL222
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 12:52:50 PM by jl222 »

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2014, 12:48:27 PM »
The rules are for everyone to make it as safe as can be for everyone :lol:

Everyone that has not Learned GREEK is the problem :-o

Your dear friend,
MASLOW
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 02:30:40 PM by Speed Limit 1000 »

Offline JR529

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2014, 02:20:10 PM »
Why are you posting all this to a forum? What message do you think this sends when you cant even be bothered to send this to the SCTA Board? There seems to be much better ways of going about this.

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2014, 02:31:11 PM »
DHA :?

Offline JamesJ

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2014, 03:28:58 PM »
a new rule was added this year because of your "event"

What rule is that?

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2014, 03:38:18 PM »
 There seems to be much better ways of going about this.An old Texas sage once told me:

"A wise man makes peace with the Pharisee on the way to the Temple."   

rolleyes

« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 10:33:57 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline poserracer

• New folks
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2014, 03:44:44 PM »
a new rule was added this year because of your "event"

What rule is that?

1.A - Right at the beginning of the book Highlighted!

You have a new rule book right?

Corrected via Mr. Back, thanks.  Dyslexic.....
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 04:17:54 PM by poserracer »
Just A Wanabe