Author Topic: Live audio from Wilmington on 12 & 13 July 2014  (Read 19791 times)

Offline sabat

Re: Live audio from Wilmington on 7 & 8 June 2014
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2014, 09:15:47 AM »
I enjoyed it very much - thanks Gregg  :cheers:

Offline tauruck

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2014, 10:06:32 AM »
Thanks all and Gregg I gotta try that  weird Chicago hot dog!!!! :-D

:?   :?   :?   :?   :?

Gregg

I think I was listening to someone else and not you Gregg. The other commentator maybe?. He mentioned some guy from Chicago with a real Chicago accent that probably ate weird hot dogs with all kinds of stuff on it. :-)

Offline Strokerface

• New folks
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2014, 07:02:09 PM »
Streaming the live audio was fantastic! Big thanks to you guys who made it happen.  :cheers:
My girlfriend got to listen in on my day  :-)

Offline Graham in Aus

« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2014, 07:43:09 PM »
I also took the opportunity to listen in, was real late (Early am) for us down here in the antiopodes!

But much appreciated, well done guys.....  :cheers:

Many Thanks  :-D

gkabbt

« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2014, 06:56:12 AM »
Just as a reminder, both days of audio streaming are archived on the Meridix server.
This is the original link:  http://www.meridix.com/everywhere.php?liveid=Landracing
and on the right side you will see the days and archived under those, so just click and you got it.

Gregg

Offline relaxedphit

• Organ Donor...refrigerate after opening
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2014, 12:19:31 PM »
For dead air time, sell shout-outs from the racers and ads for contributors.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2014, 12:24:36 PM »
Great idea - but that'll then require someone to announce 'em and that means standing/sitting by the equipment all the time.  Not that that's all that bad, but what if Gregg (why do I keep wanting to call him Gerry?) or I want to mosey around the track?

And speaking of me - Nancy tells me that yesterday she finally got permission to take the weekend off so we can go to W-ton in July.  Next all I have to do is figure out how to get there.  I don't seem to find direct routes from Skandia, Michigan, to Wilmington, Ohio.  Motels also - are there any cheap crack whore motels?  We like 'em that way -- lots more entertainment, you know. :roll:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

gkabbt

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2014, 04:10:04 PM »
Mosey around, take pics and chat is what I mainly what I do at all the meets I go to.
At the June meet I went to the timing tower about every 1 - 1/2 hrs. and check to see if the audio stream was still up and working!
Still have new stuff to try for the next two meets!

GREAT NEWS THAT YOU AND NANCY ARE COMING!!!!! You're going to LOVE this place.....so MUCH different than Maxton!
As for getting here, do the reverse of what I did:
From Skandia cross the UP to the bridge. From the bridge, I-75 down the LP which becomes US-23,
I-475 around Toledo which will get you back on I-75 to Dayton then US-35 and US-68 to Wilmington.
About a 10 hr. drive.

I usually stay at the HIE in Wilmington but they sell out pretty quick.
Here is a link to motels from the ECTA website:
http://www.clintoncountyohio.com/hotels-motels.php

See you two in July,
Gerry

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2014, 04:40:46 PM »
He's playing with your mind Jon!!!   :-D :-D :evil:

Pete

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2014, 06:19:28 PM »
If that's the case, Gregg's gotta be easy to entertain.

HIExpresso - sounds kinda pricey.  Is it more than $12/night?  If so -- what else is there?

Okay, seriously.  I see the list on the ECTA site - which is kinda near the race track, and which has a bad reputation, and which is great except it's about 20 feet from the interstate expressway's crossing over the railroad tracks, and so on.  I know, I know -- I could go back through the various threads and posts and learn the information I'm seeking, but once in a while I like to be ignorant and ask for help. :evil:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 06:22:54 PM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

gkabbt

« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2014, 06:34:01 PM »
Very easily entertained..... :-D

Try the Wilmington Inn. If I remember it's about $55.00 per night.
The ECTA June and July meets are usually lightly attended (70-80 bikes and cars) so they might have something.
Like the HIE, it's relatively close to the track.

These are the only two places I've stayed.

Gerry/Gregg

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2014, 07:51:53 PM »
HIE is about $100/night, and the $60/night Wilmington appears sold out.  As I get other information I'll let you folks know what I find.

Racing ends around 3PM, right?  I expect that we'll be ready to hit the road sometime, therefore, after 3.30.  That'd put us near Toledo at bedtime.  And from Toledo home is only about 7 hours or so. . . :cheers:

I'm about to open a new thread for the July ECTA event, by the way.  This one, while fine and dandy, gives the incorrect information (about the date of the thing) and therefore might as well be corrected.  Maybe I'll just change the title.  Yeah, shoor, dat's what I'll do.

Nope, i won' do dat.  The machine won't let me retitle it.  I thought it would.  Ah, well, look for the new one.

And while you're looking, please be advised that we are planning to do the streaming audio again.  We'll see if we've streamlined (pardon the pun) our efforts to make the audio youse guys hear even better.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 07:55:39 PM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
Re: Live audio from Wilmington on 12 & 13 July 2014
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2014, 10:24:39 AM »
Well heck/dang/firt/poop.  I tried to re-title this to say July 12 - 13, but I see it didn't take.Read on if you're thinking of W-ton for this weekend.

Franey -- salt262 - just called to say that he cancelled his room at the Wilmington Inn this morning -- and the lady there said that they ARE NOT SOLD OUT.  They do have some rooms available and would be happy to have you decide to stay there.  Rates are about half what the H I Express asks, although the services aren't quite so lavish at the W-ton Inn.  For $50 or so every night -- I'll drive to a breakfast restaurant.  C U There.  We'll roll in about late suppertime Friday.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2014, 11:38:52 PM »
Friday night is dinner at the General Denver for some of the folks.  I'ld be honored to buy you and Nancy a round if you make it to town.  If you are going for decent meal on the trip.  It is the best in town for probably the same money as Damon which is next the Wilmington Inn.  Breakfast is usually fruit at the Inn followed by a sandwich at track but Dennys is by inn and fast food on the way to the track. Folks staying at the Denver get some there but haven't found a local favorite for that meal yet!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2014, 07:14:36 PM »
Here's the link to the live audio stream for this weekend at Wilmington.   http://www.meridix.com/everywhere.php?liveid=Landracing

I'm also going to put it on the home page of the website so you can tell all the girls and boys back at home how to find it - without having them need to dig through the Forum.

I may try to set up a tiny URL for it -- lots less characters.  In the meantime this is what you'll need.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com