Author Topic: Live audio from Wilmington on 12 & 13 July 2014  (Read 19782 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Live audio from Wilmington on 12 & 13 July 2014
« on: June 02, 2014, 03:00:06 PM »
http://www.meridix.com/everywhere.php?liveid=Landracing

Hey --- I think we're going to be able to make it happen.  We're pretty sure that the hardware and software will all come together and let us all hear the sounds of the ECTA event at Wilmington, OH this weekend.

Gregg Adams (gkabbt on the Forum) is going to do the audio from the track.  He's driving up to us in Skandia, Michigan -- about eleven-teen miles out of his way from North Carolina to Ohio - to get the computer and other equipment  I've got here, and then heading straight south for Milwaukee where he and Milwaukee Midget will share beers some quality time trying to make sure all of the stuff works.  I've ordered up the wi-fi device for the system -- and it oughta make all this planning and driving work just right.  I expect Gregg will set up and test on Friday and that'll let us figure out how to set up our home computers to hear the net-cast.  We've got ECTA permission and even a socket in the ECTA power generator.  Thanks, Joe.  Gregg should have it on the air from the driver's meeting (if there's a microphone there) through the end of the show.

Please take a listen and let me/us know if you think it's worth this much hassle.  If you're convinced it's the way to go -- let my know with a donation to the website.  We need to keep the kitty full as race season approaches/is here!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 07:52:31 PM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
Re: Live audio from Wilmington on 7 & 8 June 2014
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 10:53:10 AM »
Okay -- it's official:  We'll have live streaming audio from Wilmington this weekend.  Gregg has been here to get the hardware, I've arranged for the software, and Chris and Gregg got the system going last night in the Milwaukee Midget studios.  All that's left is for Gregg to arrive at W-ton and find the hardware wi-fi device that had better be waiting for him at his motel down there.

Plan on doing the same old game that you have to do when stream-listening.  We'll post a link here and probably someplace like the home page.   You'll follow that link and turn on your audio and then spin wrenches in your shop while listening to the fun while you work this weekend.  The event is a Saturday & Sunday deal, so you'll have two days to find a spot to relax and listen.

Now the begging:  It isn't free to do this.  Please consider sending a few shekels to the lr.com website PayPal buttons or a check or something in the mail to me here (509 Dukes Road, Skandia Michigan 49885) to help pay the fare - and to let me know that you want us to keep doing this if we possibly can do so.  Thanks.  Remember -- www.landracing.com was the first site to offer live audio from any land speed racing event.  I want us to be the best, too, and that's why we're reaching for this event. :cheers: :cheers:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

gkabbt

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 04:49:47 PM »
Got into Wilmington this afternoon and the Wi-Fi hotspot was indeed waiting for me here at the hotel.
I'll be going over to the track tomorrow morning to set things up and then do some testing with Chris.
If everything works OK tomorrow, Saturday's streaming will begin just after the drivers meeting and I'll post the link in this thread!

Gregg

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 05:46:52 PM »
Good deal! But when may we see Jon and Nancy make an appearance? All quiet at tbe Wilmington Inn. None of the usual suspects here yet. Skyline time! Gen Denver tomorrow as usual!

gkabbt

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 07:52:29 PM »
But when may we see Jon and Nancy make an appearance?

I asked him a similar question when I was at his place the other day!!!!!
Hopefully, he'll chime in.

Gregg

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 08:05:08 PM »
In the words of Kate Smith -- "when the moon comes over the mountain".  Serially -- I don't know when we'll go to W-ton.  It's not that we don't want to visit, but with Nancy working full time and me doing the same at Kudos -- we don't have the freedom that we had back when we owned Star Industries and the employees did all of the work.  And since we're not actively racing we don't have that reason to make the trek, either.

I'd sure like to go there and see everyone once again.  I suspect that sooner or later - and I hope sooner - that we will journey south and east.  But not this time.  Thanks for asking, and thanks for letting us know we're not forgotten. :-D
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

gkabbt

Offline sabat

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 11:54:26 AM »
I hear the radio :)

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 12:12:25 PM »
I hear moosic. Wayno

gkabbt

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 12:38:13 PM »
Thanks for the testing Guys.

Looks like we're good to go for the weekend!

Gregg

Offline MIKE MATY

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2014, 03:03:08 PM »
Testing

Is this the same link to listen live tomorrow. If so Ill post it on the Ohio mile face book page.
ECTA 200MPH CLUB Maxton
A/FRS      205.531
D/FSS      159.427
ECTA 200MPH CLUB Ohio
A/FRS       208.530
2013 Hot Rod Top Speed Challenge Winner

gkabbt

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2014, 05:15:19 PM »
Sorry Mike, can't answer your question. This is the 1st time I've used this software and also the 1st time I've done a live audio streaming.
I think it would be best to hold off until tomorrow. I will post the link here after the drivers meeting then you can post that link to Facebook.

Gregg

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2014, 09:39:14 AM »
Ladies and gentlemen -

landracing.com - in cooperation with ECTA - proudly presents - from Wilmington, Ohio

Racing!

To our man on the ground - Gregg Adams - a HUGE THANK YOU!

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2014, 09:52:44 AM »
I just got off the phone with Woody.  He's streaming off of his mobile device with good success.  I'm really pleased with the sound quality this year.

Jon, I took the liberty of making this one "sticky" and inserted the link at the top of your initial post.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 09:54:21 AM by Milwaukee Midget »