Author Topic: "Ice Breaker" ZX12 nitrous bike for sale  (Read 6365 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
"Ice Breaker" ZX12 nitrous bike for sale
« on: June 02, 2014, 01:39:32 PM »
Much as I hate to do it -- someone's going to get a bike with not only a great reputation but also a bunch of unrealised performance.  It's our 2000 Kawasaki ZX12.  I don't have full details right with me as I type, but - -

It's been lengthened about 6" over stock and has custom (Air Tech) bodywork.  That puts it in Altered (or naked) class.  It's plumbed for nitrous and also uses the nitrous for the air shifter.  There's a carrier for the 10# bottle.  Yes, 10 pounds.  The bike is equipped with a MoTeC control unit, has a custom 5L gas tank (old Altered rule), and put me into the 200 MPH Club a few years ago.  the best speed this bike turned in was a 216.985 exit speed.

I rode it at SpeedWeek '13 running a best of about 190 using motor alone - and a tune up that's no doubt way the heck off 'cause it was done on a dyno on the East Coast -- elevation a few dozen feet or so.

It's bored and stroked and has some head work and the cams have been redone, and best of all is that the stroker crank is a billet piece from Farndon in the Midlands of the UK.  It took about 16 months to get it - so I've gone through that agony for you.  The resulting bore and stroke take it to about 1349 3/4 cc - as close as we dared go to the 1350 cc limit.

I'm going back to engraving right now, but will entertain PM's and emails about the bike.  Notice that I haven't named a price.  That's because it kinda hurts to sell this, my first race bike, and I don't know what it'll take to get it away from me.  As for location -- well, you're welcome to visit us to see the bike.  We're in Skandia, Michigan -- and that's the UPPER Peninsula.  Ask for directions before you hit the road, please.  And we'll be happy to deliver the bike to Bonneville this summer.

I'll put a photo or three on here later so you'll be able to recognise the bike.  But for now -- TTFN, have a fine day, and buy this bike, hey?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline sabat

Re: "Ice Breaker" ZX12 nitrous bike for sale
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 03:00:52 PM »
Sorry to hear it Jon - I was looking forward to seeing how the new body would work out for you. Good luck with sale, and here's a reminder to post some pics.

Do you have another LSR bike in mind? Or maybe a car?

Dean

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 03:14:10 PM »
What's a "car", Dean?  I think the word is familiar but I'm not sure about it. . . :evil:

With Nancy working full-time we don't have the luxury of lots of time to spend at Bville.  She's lost interest in doing any fast racing (after her spill a couple of years ago), so if we decide to devote the time and energy and money to a race bike -- it'd be the little Ninja 250 turbo.  Maybe next year or so?  In the meantime, of course, you and all of the other bike folks at SpeedWeek or WoS or WF are welcome to offer me a ride on your bike.  I'll have my leathers with me - just in case, you know. :roll:

Back to my first question:  What's a car, and what do you do with one of 'em? :cheers: :cheers:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 04:18:36 PM »
For LSR purposes a car is one of those things that you use to carry 1000's of pounds of extra steel and glass down the track.
Then at the end they start flipping and spinning.
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

Offline maj

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 04:55:10 PM »
Oh a joy ride  :-D

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 10:57:11 PM »
Sometimes E ticket
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 12:10:40 PM »
Looked F Ticket to me.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 02:01:53 PM »
advertisement picture.....

Speedweek 2013....at speed
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 02:03:15 PM »
advertisement picture....

Speedweek 2013....close up
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 02:11:18 PM »
Thanks, Thomas.  I'll post some more, but last night at home -- we had the most intense infestation of mosquitoes in the house that we've ever had.  Sitting in the living room and trying to read after supper -- we were swatting one about every thirty seconds or so.  it was so aggravating that I didn't take the time to sit and go through the files for some photos.  I'll see what I can find here at Kudos Laser and post them, at least.

To those of you that are interested in the bike -- I wish you could come to the house to see the great series of photos that PP took of me at the line and leaving and going down the course.  It's a half dozen shots - must be from the mid-2000's because I recognise some of the other vehicles in the shots that aren't running any longer - but the sequence does show the bike off pretty well.  Thanks for looking.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2014, 04:16:50 PM »
...the most intense infestation of mosquitoes in the house that we've ever had.... swatting one about every thirty seconds........... I wish you could come to the house ....

Boy you know how to make someone really want to stop by  :-D 8-).

Good luck on selling the bike, I'm sure it will make someone happy  :cheers:,

Sum

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014, 06:06:14 PM »
Here's a photo of me, Nancy, and the bike back in '01 at World of Speed.  It was still dressed in the factory bodywork.  With the built engine I had then -- bored to about 1250 or so -- I ran a best speed of 200.439 or so.  Nancy rode the bike for her licensing passes a couple of years later -- her best was a 185 or so, which isn't bad at all considering she had very little interest in riding it.

I'll look for more, but for now get to go out and sacrifice my bodily fluids to the vermin.

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com