Author Topic: Any point in bringing a bicycle to Wilmington?  (Read 7451 times)

Offline SteveM

Re: Any point in bringing a bicycle to Wilmington?
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2014, 11:57:32 AM »
There were several people scooting about on various engine-powered contrivances, and all operators appeared to be safe and conscientious.

This was my first trip to Wilmington.  The venue was great, and quite compact in terms of the pits, registration, staging, etc.  A powered pit bike would be fine, but with the 10mph speed limit at the venue, a bicycle is really not at a disadvantage.

Just thought I'd share.

Steve.

1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2014, 12:02:55 PM »
It's not that we're planning to go to Wton, but rather that I wanted to explore the acceptedness (?) of pit bikes like ours.  With the BLM getting all cranky about 'em I didn't know if there would be some harebrained group that would try to prevent them at ECTA meets.

Nancy and I are beginning to plan a visit to Wilmington.  Don't count on us for July yet -- but there's a maybe chance.  I'd much rather have her go with me, you see (obvious!), but since she'll be taking about two weeks off soon after the July event - for SpeedWeek - she has to be careful that her manager doesn't clamp down and tell her that he's taking away her requested time off for SW.  So - maybe, maybe not.  I figure it'll be a good time to go to southern Ohio.  The temps oughta be good and high, the humidity will likely be nearly unbearable, and the nasty swarming bugs will have had a few months to build up immunity from bug dope and swatting hands.

If we do go I might just take the pit bike . . . if we take the pickup truck.  I don't think I want to try cramming the bike into the wayback of her Soob.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2014, 01:13:16 PM »
Just a reminder, mini bikes and go carts are not allowed at Bonneville events, Bicycles are ok but care is still required,malso no riding in back of pick ups or on trailers.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline relaxedphit

• Organ Donor...refrigerate after opening
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2014, 04:06:03 PM »
Not having to pedal going to the start line? Someone has finally found a purpose for a head wind.

Offline 2fast4u2c

• http://www.TigerRacingProducts.com
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2014, 08:26:37 PM »
I bring my bicycle to every event. 
300mph or Bust in 1 mile!!!

Tiger Racing