Author Topic: Driver Needed for Speed Week  (Read 11867 times)

Offline Stan Back

Re: Driver Needed for Speed Week
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2014, 11:51:36 AM »
That's not a spin.

The rules state you have to complete 360º in either direction.  Both directions counts for double points.

That was just an adventure.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2014, 12:48:38 PM »
You could do a lot worse than DallasV.  :wink: Wayno

Offline salt27

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2014, 01:32:28 PM »
If his Stude isn't going and he is willing, "One Run" Bob Drury has the expertise.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2014, 03:06:02 PM »
How many points did you rack up at El Mirage then Stan?
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2014, 03:09:40 PM »
"My team is looking for an experienced Coupe or SedanROADSTER driver to drive for us at Speed Week this season."
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2014, 06:18:55 PM »
"How many points did you rack up at El Mirage then Stan?"

I couldn't see the scoreboard from where I was sitting.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Carl Fausett

• New folks
    • 928 Motorsports, LLC
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2014, 11:26:36 PM »
That's not a spin.

The rules state you have to complete 360º in either direction.  Both directions counts for double points.

That was just an adventure.

+1

Offline Avanti Kid

• 2006 Member of Bonneville 200 MPH Club
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2014, 12:45:59 AM »
Carl it seems like you have helped the race car by adding more ballast, but because of your short wheel base it still will be tricky driving depending on how good the salt is this year, one thing I would suggest is to modify your rear wing/ spoiler to have a hinge design so that if the car does spin, it will not lift the rear of the car off the salt, it would just dump the lift function, thus providing more safety for the driver, Also some race cars like when I drove my brothers Pantera, when you get to the finish of the 5 mile course I needed to deploy the chute while in full power, but when I drive my Avanti with longer wheel base I can get off the power to unload the engine connecting rods, coast then deploy the chute.  IN the past when we did deploy the chute in the Pantera at full power we went into a very bad spin! Sorry about you not driving your own car, but this will be a e-ticket ride for some lucky driver, take care, Dave  :cheers:
Original owner of 1963 Avanti; Age 84
2006 Bonneville 200 MPH Club Member
Canyon Country, CA
215.6 mph 289 CI Studebaker engine

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2014, 08:15:53 AM »
928 motorsports! We coat supercharger pulleys for you guys. I would love to drive that car. It looks a walk in the park compared to the Corvette I have been driving.
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline Avanti Kid

• 2006 Member of Bonneville 200 MPH Club
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2014, 09:49:53 AM »
OPPs my last sentence was wrong should have said "when deploying the chute on the Pantera  at less than full power the car would go into a bad spin", of course this is a rear engine car, so to be safe with it we would stay in full throttle and deploy the chute.
Original owner of 1963 Avanti; Age 84
2006 Bonneville 200 MPH Club Member
Canyon Country, CA
215.6 mph 289 CI Studebaker engine

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2014, 09:58:32 AM »
"My team is looking for an experienced Coupe or SedanROADSTER driver to drive for us at Speed Week this season."

Yeah, that's a tough one - most carnies are working the State Fair circuit in August . . .

:wink:
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Carl Fausett

• New folks
    • 928 Motorsports, LLC
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2014, 11:02:24 AM »
My thanks to all who have replied and PM'd me. Many qualified drivers raised their hands.

Happy to announce I will be using Roger Beckman from AZ, and sharing him with his own team who will also be there. Roger has taken their blown Camaro to two
LSR records, and will be there anyway helping his teammates get their own Red Hats.

I will have my suit and safety gear with me too - having now gotten "permission" (or at least an understanding) that I am going to hop in my own car at least 1X and
drive it myself.  I have always done all my own driving up to this point.

I never explained, but my wife has Parkinson's, and I care for her in our home. Two months ago she also acquired a pinched nerve in her spine, and now is confined to a wheelchair. That's where this came from.... if something should happen to me she would be S.O.L.  So, I was trying (and I think I have) to find that compromise to keep all party's happy.

Life throws you a curve once in a while....  

But, with Roger's promise to drive - we can be there and see our car run and enjoy the product of 3 years of work put into her. And if the weather's nice and the car is behaving - I'll hop in the seat too.

See you there!   Its a White Porsche 928 with the big numbers "928" on the side...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 01:41:23 PM by Carl Fausett »

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2014, 11:34:55 AM »
Carl, good luck with the project. You deserve the best of results. Your priorities are definitely where they should be.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Pete

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2014, 04:39:03 PM »
Carl:

Best of luck. I hope everything works out and you get to take it for a run too. Hoping for good salt and big speeds for you.

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2014, 01:30:17 AM »
Roger and his crew are good people, good luck to you. :cheers: