Author Topic: North American Eagle - petition of President Obama  (Read 68010 times)

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
Re: North American Eagle - petition of President Obama
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2014, 03:54:43 PM »
I keep getting a message that the petition is closed. I tried all of the links back to page 1.

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline ski123

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2014, 04:31:26 PM »
The petition was only open for like 30 days.  I ended on June 26 with about 113 signatures.  It was kind of funny that one of the NAE drivers who has over 200K likes on Facebook did not post anything about this drive on her page.  She is their best hope as far as getting the word out.  The old guys just work on the car not the marketing.  LLL you are right it can be done!  It this media age no excuses. Go Fast USA!

Offline hotrod

• Black Horse photo
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2014, 09:11:33 PM »
Since the petition has a time out period, you need to do a bit of pre-marketing to get the word out where it will do the most good.

Perhaps send a press announcement to several car magazines with enough lead time for them to get it in a future issue, and time the opening of the petition drive with the arrival of those magazine editions on the news stands.

Likewise touch base with the big message boards and high traffic car nut web sites to put in an announcement and make it a sticky with an embargo date so all this media releases the info just about the same time that the petition is started.

Press releases to any major media web outlets that you know cover a broad spectrum of racing. Find some racing legend to put in a plug through his racing contacts.

Since it is an international competition it might be worth while to shake the trees of a few people that dabble in international competitions like Larry Ellison of Oracle, his experience with the America's cup probably gives him a very good list of contacts to get this sort of word out. Maybe he knows some public relations wizard that loves racing who would help coordinate such a program so it gets off to a running start.

With that short window to gather signatures you can't wait until after the petition is started to get the word out, you need to build a core group of helpers who can dump info on all their favorite web sites and via social media like twitter and face book. Think up a good hash tag for the effort that can be used to push out the information to social media and give supportive people the "digital handle" to get the wheels rolling quickly.

Offline F104A

• http://www.landspeed.com
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2014, 01:02:17 AM »
The good news is: I did get a recreational permit for the Alvord Desert for Sept 15 through Oct 31, 2014. We'll be out there during that time to get
some real speed out of the Eagle. The next mission is to get a permit from the BLM to utilize the 15 miles available at Diamond Valley in Nevada in
2015 where we can stretch it's legs a bit more. Starting to smell the sweet smell of success!!!
Ed

Online TrickyDicky

« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2014, 05:47:05 AM »
Ed - how many wheels will NAE have this year?

Offline F104A

• http://www.landspeed.com
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2014, 12:24:44 PM »
We'll run it in a three wheel configuration then switch to 5 wheels for additonal runs.
Ed

Offline ski123

« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2018, 03:12:50 PM »
.    GOT TRUMP?  USA!

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2018, 10:52:44 PM »
.    GOT TRUMP?  USA!

One word SAD
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline tallguy

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2018, 01:39:19 AM »
I'm sorry that you're sad.  I hope you cheer up soon.

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2018, 08:11:22 PM »
I'm sorry that you're sad.  I hope you cheer up soon.

It wont be long now Collusion!
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2018, 09:46:19 AM »
I like this car...It`s redder than the map on election night :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.