Author Topic: North American Eagle - petition of President Obama  (Read 67991 times)

Offline F104A

• http://www.landspeed.com
Re: North American Eagle - petition of President Obama
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2014, 12:08:30 AM »
I'll see if we can get a press release sent out and that might help. Our IT director, Brandyn is going to start putting it up on twitter and whatever social media
we have available. I also just went through a 1 hour interview with The Wheel Men and mentioned it on there too.
Ed

Offline ski123

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2014, 01:29:40 PM »
So someone other then the NAE folks started this petition?
That's dedication, nice idea that could actually work.

One would think the NAE team would run with this flame.

They have Jessi Combs as a back-up driver she has been
talking about how she has over 200k followers on Facebook.
Why isn't she promoting the signature drive?
Lenovo has over 2 million likes on Facebook, are they helping?
What about the dozens of small sponsors that have given you
a hand over the last decade, will they help get the word out?
It seems like a win win win situation if you get the numbers.
It would be easier to get a signature then cash these days.

MM got this ball rolling, he cares.  NAE team do you?
This could be the most promising event since Ed and
crew were on Fox News.  Who got you there?  Call them!

It's been 5 days and there is no news on www.landspeed.com
and only a small blurb on FB.  I have come to my own
conclusion that there is a lot of heart, blood, sweat, tears,
money and time into this project, but don't think they
really want this to succeed at this juncture in time.

Ed, Keith have you and all your families signed the petition?

Please I mean no disrespect.  I just have a lot of questions.  Sorry.

Offline F104A

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2014, 09:57:42 PM »
It has been posted on my facebook as well as the NAE facebook. It supposed to be our website too but for some reason it didn't get posted.
As far as not being serious about going after the record, you've got to be kidding!!!!
I also sent a note to our media guy and asked him to do a press release about it and he has not even responded. Get's a little frustrating at times!
Ed

Offline ski123

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2014, 11:07:05 PM »
Wow, that's it?   Oy!

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2014, 09:51:49 AM »
ski123 -

Don't diminish the power of properly worded and placed press releases. A well constructed one in the hands of the right receiver can be better than a Super Bowl ad, and they're a lot cheaper.

Ed, we're all interested here on this forum, and we know the team's expertise is more in solid engineering than PR.  Both Ski and I have been hard on NAE's presentation in the media, but it's ONLY BECAUSE WE REALLY WANT YOU TO SUCCEED.  It's critical that the car be the best it can be, because all the press in the world can't overcome a second rate product.  Your focus on the product rather than the brand is critical.

That said, the car's looking pretty darned good at this point, and lighting a fire under the arses of the PR team might be in order.  The petition expires on the 26th, we're at 90 signatures and 60 away from the 150 needed to make it searchable on the site.  This means it pops up on the White House site when people look over the petitions being offered up to the President.  The one I've put up is a LOT MORE REASONABLE than many that have made the "searchable" status - click on the "open petitions" tab on the petition page, and you'll see what I mean -

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/help-north-american-eagle-team-bring-back-absolute-international-land-speed-record-united-states/53Zlsf8T

Discussing it here is preaching to the converted - go forth, and spread the word.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2014, 10:54:24 AM »
How about Jay Leno. He is a retired car guy who could afford to work for beer :cheers:
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline F104A

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2014, 12:02:27 PM »
I do speak to Jay from time to time but he is not interested in investing in this project. Wish he would but that isn't his thing.........!
Ed

Offline F104A

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2014, 12:04:06 PM »
I'm going to begin a "Kickstarter" program and see where it takes us. We tried it once before, about a year ago, and only got $150.
We'll give it a go once more and put out a press release too.
Ed

Offline GD

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2014, 12:32:38 PM »
I'm # 91. Only took about 30 seconds to do it. You don't need to fill in the zip code. It's not a required field.
Gord Driedger
53 Studebaker
Record holder Speedweek 2016 XF/FCC 162.698
Record holder Speedweek 2016 XF/GCC 158.978

Offline maj

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2014, 04:53:46 PM »
93, need this on the main Bonneville page, i only just saw it today

Offline Tornado

• New folks
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2014, 05:08:22 PM »
Done, easy as that  :-) 94

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2014, 05:22:40 PM »
I'm going to begin a "Kickstarter" program and see where it takes us. We tried it once before, about a year ago, and only got $150.
We'll give it a go once more and put out a press release too.
That's incredible considering I gave $200 :wink:
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean

Offline F104A

« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2014, 12:19:47 PM »
Brian, your donation went directly to the NAE donate button and thank you so much for that. The other one, "Go Fund Me" didn't seem to garner
any interest. I blame ourselves for not highlighting it more. We'll do a better job on the Kickstarter one...........Ed
Ed

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2014, 03:58:10 PM »
There is a button on the petition page, just above the signatures, which let you promote the petition through either your Facebook page or your Twitter accounts.

I can't think of an easier way to get the word out than to hit either or both of those buttons.

We're at 99 - we're 2/3 of the way to being deemed "Searchable".

Ed, you mentioned Jay wasn't interested in investing in the effort - but might he be persuaded to sign the petition and/or send out a tweet?  That's something he could have his assistant do for him.  :wink:

If we can get the President's acknowledgement and possible support, that's likely to free up cash from other sources.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 10:25:37 AM by Milwaukee Midget »
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

velocity

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2014, 11:41:25 AM »
IF anyone on this thread is serious about helping the NAE team then I submit that grassroots activism is the STILL the most powerful tool in the advocate bag.

Print out the petition several times with plenty of extra signature sheets (be sure to have a place where you can later fill-in 1 of 10, 2 of 10, etc.) Take these with you to any car related public gathering and walk-up to every one breathing of voting age. By the end of the day you should have a few hundred and doubtless made a few new friends.

This method has worked for decades and still has merit including getting the word out about the home-based team.

Case-in-point: Back in the mid-1980s,I spearheaded the drive for SEMA forcing the EPA to rewrite testing standards for on-board diagnostics and emissions testing to use tail-pipe sniff results and NOT visual inspection for non-OEM parts. Vic Edelbrock, Weiiand, Russell, Holley, Isky, Comp Cams, etc., were all mighty partners in this quest.  it was the sneakers on the ground in nearly 40 states that whipped- up a ground swell of attention to the plight of not only the high-performance, but also the older cars not yet considered "historic" and therefore exempt. Legislators were stunned by the growing roar at their door and capitulated. All the credit for the positive changes made at county, city, state and federal levels was all pure local doing.

If the USA would like to give Mssrs Noble, Green and Ayers a good hard run for their money, then we need to have a contender amply supplied to do so. The ill-fated Breedlove/Foscett car is sadly obsolete for the current challenge. NAE has struggled so long and is this country's best, and only hope.

We either step-up and do, or sit-back and watch as those clever, doggedly determined Brits jack-up the speed mark so friggin high that we haven't the real estate left on the planet to catch 'em.