Author Topic: DYNOTHON 2014  (Read 35259 times)

Offline Finallygotit

Re: DYNOTHON 2014
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2014, 09:58:13 PM »
Man, I cannot wait until I start building my car.  I can guarantee, there will be a dynothon for that build.

:cheers:
Dan
Tucson, AZ

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2014, 11:11:12 PM »
want to borrow my 8.1 'Burb for a push truck  we can get you to 96 pretty fast  :-D
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Freud

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2014, 11:57:14 PM »
SPARKY..........It'a a poser unless it's license plate says BURRRRB.

Rest in Peace, Ray.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2014, 10:09:43 AM »
want to borrow my 8.1 'Burb for a push truck  we can get you to 96 pretty fast  :-D

Don't laugh - Tom Donny in the J/GT SAAB takes a push to 68.  He's only running 2 gears.  Check out his GPS speedometer -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQA9HDlI52A

I suspect the biggest reason is not so much speed as it is durability.  The exhaust gas temps on that thing have to be sky high.

I left the 1974 "Bumberettes" on the car if we determine a push is necessary, but I'm thinking the Magnum R/T would have the cajones if I need to do something that radical.

Realistically, though, having driven it last year, I think the Midget can out-accelerate the Dodge from about 30 mph up.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll: