Author Topic: Nitrous availability?  (Read 2913 times)

Offline fj1289

• New folks
Nitrous availability?
« on: May 14, 2014, 04:35:21 PM »
Is there a vendor to refill nitrous bottles on the salt or in town?

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: Nitrous availability?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 04:46:00 PM »
If you take a big bottle I can tell you how to do easy refills with a hose.

There are usually guys there with N20 but no vender.  You could get it in SLC, but it might be inconvenient.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 05:22:23 PM »
I'll ass to what Mr. Stainless, sir, advises:

A couple or five years ago a nitrous vendor was at one of the events at Bonneville to test the market, so to speak.  He wanted to see if there was enough demand to justify him being there on a regular basis.  He never again showed up.  Take that for whatever you want - that he was a lying SOB or there wasn't enough demand/too many of the racers brought their own with them or the fees he would have to pay to the sanctioning body were too high or he had a death in the family -- but he hasn't been there again.

Rick Gold in the ERC fuel truck/compound does NOT have nitrous for sale.  There are a few racers that have been gracious enough to fill a bottle here and there for me over the years, but since it was as a favor and not for sale -- I won't name him here.  If you find me on the salt I'll show you the pit where said nitrous guy hangs out and you're welcome to ask him then.

As far as I know there is no source in the greater Wendover metropolitan megalopolis - other than maybe Painless Pete. :evil:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 06:33:17 PM »
When I ran N2O in the 80's I owned 2 bottles and borrowed 2 more. I went to Nitrous Oxide Systems when they were in Cypress Ca. And told them what I was going to do. I had used their parts when I designed the system for my GMC. They loaned me 5 bottles so I left home with 9 full bottles and actually left 3 of them at Bonneville with others who used their systems. All I had to do was run their decals. The guys I left the 3 bottles with made their own arrangements to get the bottles back which they did.

I would ask suppliers and friends who use it, you would be surprised what you can do......
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline fj1289

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 01:37:10 PM »
Thanks Gents

Looks like one more set of cats to herd.  Trying not to take anything for granted!