Author Topic: Parts and Tires for 200+  (Read 2302 times)

Offline Ted Hlokoff

• New folks
  • sc GTS and TT GTS
    • Viper Nation
Parts and Tires for 200+
« on: May 13, 2014, 06:29:10 PM »
I have a set of 26" x 9" x 18" tires and find that I need 29 or 30" tall tires for 260mph with my gears and trans.  I'm hoping someone has some tires that will allow me a shot at setting a record.

I need a SFI /20 suit and sfi 015 gloves & boots (written in other thread).

Fire extinguisher system for 200+mph

Window net.

Thanks.
I sucessfully street raced for 25 years (Gov stole drag strip).  I built Show and Race cars for 10 years professionally.  Have been doing well racing Half, Mile and Open Road Rally last few years.  I have many Mopars in my yard, 2 Vipers, 3 Stealth TTs, 440 Duster, 340 Demon, and a dozen project cars.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Parts and Tires for 200+
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 08:25:46 PM »
Ted, first we need you to go to your info page and let us know what part of the country you are in, 2nd what are you building as the vehicle will need all safety equipment for the class record you will be runnin in.
You can talk to Joe Timney at Deleware Chassis for any fab help and questions. With additional info you will get a faster answer to questions. Gook luck on the build and keep us posted.
Gleni
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 09:25:41 PM »
Ted:

I can help you get an affordable fire suppression system, you will need 11 lbs minimum for 200 mph. Most people buy either(2) 10 lbs or a 10 and 5 lbs system. You  can click on our Parkland Autosport banner above. Our number is 954-570-8900 EST. If you cannot find a suitable used fire suit we are a SPARCO dealer and can help you with anything they make as well.

Good luck with your build

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Ted Hlokoff

• New folks
  • sc GTS and TT GTS
    • Viper Nation
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 09:50:47 PM »
Thanks guys.  I did make a post on Introductions.

Here's a couple of my cars.  I lived a drag racer and since there was no drag strip in Vancouver for 16 years I was a street racer, hard core   :cheers:

I've since done Rallying, Mountain Climb, Open Road Rally, Standing half and Standing Mile events. 

My Twin Turbo Viper is 1100hp on pump gas and is mostly equipped with very expensive SFI parts.  It's short geared at 215mph in about 3/4 mile with 28" tall Hoosier R6s.

I used to be retired, but cars and my lust for speed (as well as Income Tax) forced me to go back to work. 
I sucessfully street raced for 25 years (Gov stole drag strip).  I built Show and Race cars for 10 years professionally.  Have been doing well racing Half, Mile and Open Road Rally last few years.  I have many Mopars in my yard, 2 Vipers, 3 Stealth TTs, 440 Duster, 340 Demon, and a dozen project cars.