Author Topic: Bonneville is a BLAST!!!  (Read 2100 times)

Offline Duramax

Bonneville is a BLAST!!!
« on: May 09, 2014, 12:39:31 AM »
If you've never been to Speed Week, either as a racer or spectator, you are missing out on one of the finer things in life.

It's the 8th Wonder Of The World.  

You are unlikely to regret it.  It is Hot Rod Heaven.

I've met some of the best people I've had the pleasure to meet in my life, and seen sights that no amount of photographs, magazine articles, and websites will come close to matching.

If you race Bonneville, there is no experience you will have in your life that matches climbing out and standing there on the salt in the middle of nowhere.  

Visually, it's beautiful.  White salt as far as the eye can see, surrrounded by mountains.  But more intense is the silence after the run, waiting for your pit crew to catch up.

The people, the cars, the bikes, the atmosphere is just icing on the cake.  The salt itself is magic.

We are moving on to other racing again.  But the memories of Bonneville for me, my wife, and my kids, will be very hard to top.

I thank all the folk of the SCTA, and my fellow racers for allowing me the privilege of running on the Salt.

And our prayers are out to the drivers and their loved ones who paid the ultimate price for chasing their dream.  Sometimes it is better to live as a lion for day, than living as a sheep for eternity.

I had stopped by to see how folk are doing, and to try and help people who need tires.

I know we aren't really going to run again.  It kept haunting me though.  Selling the tires was us letting go of the balloon and watching it float into the sky.

Hell yes I'm I'm drunk!  And I love you all.  Even Jim Kitchen!   :cheers:

If anyone ever needs assistance with GM Duramax Diesels for competition purposes, I am always willing to help.  My number is nine five one - two seven zero - 2667.

And a special hat's off to Dan Warner.  While we did not always see eye-to-eye, he was a major reason we ran.  First, just to pizz him off, and second, just to hang out with him again.

God speed folk!  Balls to the wall, git-er-dun!!! :cheers:

Patrick McSwain
Kathy McSwain
Roxanne McSwain
Allison McSwain
Thomas McSwain

DT 1616 signing off.   :cheers:

« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 12:44:33 AM by Duramax »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Bonneville is a BLAST!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 12:43:27 AM »
 :cheers: thanks Pat---wish I could have gotten the steel wheels for my st rod---but Miss Liberty will enjoy her new shoes
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 03:28:08 AM »
That's so cool.
Thanks guys. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline dw230

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 10:02:46 AM »
Thanks for the stroke Pat, I'm blushing.

Good luck to you, Kat and the kids in your next adventure,

DW

White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline bigtim44

• NaCl addict
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 10:11:17 AM »
Pat
Thanks for a great deal on the tires and rims,good luck with your future racing endeavours.
Cheers
Tim
Salty Box Racing #622 B/DT