Author Topic: Bonneville Tires available.  (Read 5612 times)

Offline Duramax

Bonneville Tires available.
« on: May 03, 2014, 08:56:25 PM »
I forget how to operate this website software.  I can't seem to get images or posts in the classified.

But I figure folk here might need tires for Speedweek:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dunlop 7.00x18 tires - qty 2

These a treaded LSR tires.  These tires were only used 4 events, 1 on salt, 3 on dirt, and have the tits still on them on the tread, unshaven.  No cracks or dry rot, new in 2009, never on asphalt.
They are 32.4" diameter, matched circumference, and always stored inside in the dark on a tire rack.
They were on a 7100lb truck that peaked over 200mph and was timed at the 2.25 at 197+ mph.  They are VERY tractable on loose surfaces.
These are perhaps the tallest 200+ mph approved tires.

$250 each + shipping with no rims.

The matching rims are balanced custom steel MRW's for GM/Dodge 8 lugs.  $100 each.  Metal valve stems.  Checked with indicator to be true within 0.030" TIR (±0.015 or less)

Shipping is extra, actual commercial cost.  It costs us about $150 to ship to Florida from California.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mickey Thompson Bonnevilles.  24.5x7.5-16 quantity 2.

These are smooth LSR tires. These tires were only used 2 events on dirt, and have the tits still on them on the tread.  No cracks or dry rot, new in 2009, never on asphalt.
They are 24.5" diameter, matched circumference, and always stored inside in the dark on a tire rack.
They were on a 7100lb truck that peaked over 175mph in the dirt.  

$300 each + shipping with no rims.

The matching rims are forged aluminum 1 pc heavy duty GM 8 lugs, VERY heavy duty.  $100 each.  Metal valve stems.  Checked with indicator to be true within 0.010" TIR (±0.005 or less)

Shipping is extra, actual commercial cost.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mickey Thompson Bonnevilles.  30.0x9.0-18 quantity 2.

These are smooth LSR tires.  These tires were only used 4 events, 1 on salt, 3 on dirt, and have the tits still on them on the tread.  No cracks or dry rot, new in 2009, never on asphalt.
They are 30.0" diameter, matched circumference, and always stored inside in the dark on a tire rack.
They were on a 7100lb truck that peaked over 200mph and was timed at the 2.25 at 197+ mph.  They run like they are on rails on a heavy vehicle front axle.

$375 each + shipping with no rims.

The matching rims are balanced custom steel MRW's for GM/Dodge 8 lugs.  $100 each.  Metal valve stems.  Checked with indicator to be true within 0.030" TIR (±0.015 or less)

Shipping is extra, actual commercial cost.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guarantee you will be very happy with these tires, (or rims) or I would just throw them in the dumpster.  I don't sell dangerous stuff.

Email qi@qinsp.com if you need any of them.

Patrick and Kathy McSwain

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Duramax

Re: Bonneville Tires available.
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 11:47:36 AM »
All tires are pending sale.

Mike has reserved the 16's
Tim has reserved the 18's

If a sale falls through, email to qi@qinsp.com to get put on the list.

Thanks.

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 12:34:49 PM »

If you mean me, I can't use them.  Sorry.

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Duramax

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 12:41:32 PM »

If you mean me, I can't use them.  Sorry.

Mike

Come on, you don't want truck tires?  Imagine the looks of admiration you will get going to the grocery store in your chromed out 4x4 with a 12" lift kit on $750 tires.  Make fashion history!

PS - My middle name is Mike.  Perhaps my alter ego bought them without telling me... :?

Offline Duramax

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 12:56:54 PM »
DOH!!!  WHY IS EVERYBODY NAMED MIKE!

I apologize to Mike #1.

The 30's were claimed before your email by Tim.

Mike #2 is the 24.5's.

Mike #3 is on waiting list for 24.5's if sale falls through.

Mike #1 is on waiting list for MT 30's if sale falls through.

I'm not using last names due to privacy.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 12:58:55 PM by Duramax »

Offline RogerL

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 01:41:37 PM »
i have 8 ( 2 matched sets of 4) 16 inch mickeys for sale. pm me if interested.

roger lessman

Offline Duramax

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 03:04:28 PM »
I "think" amid all the confusion, that the two 24.5" MT's are still available?
The 30/32's are sold.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2014, 04:44:35 PM »
If the 24.5x16s are  I am a buyer

sparky
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Duramax

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2014, 05:54:06 PM »
If the 24.5x16s are  I am a buyer

sparky

They are yours if you want them.

Send an email to qi@qinsp.com with your shipping address and phone number.

Kathy will call and make payment arrangement.

Thanks!

Offline Duramax

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2014, 12:25:00 PM »
EDIT - All are sold and shipping.

If a moderator could delete this thread it would be appreciated.  Edit is off on this site.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2014, 12:39:45 PM »
Pat:

The edit function allows changes to posts for 4 hours (I think) after the post button is clicked.  We've got it set there to prevent loud-mouthed posters from trying to get a flame session started and then removing the post that got it started.

I do retain permanent control over that, though - can delete a post or the entire thread whenever I want to do so.  And for "for sale" items I've learned that I needn't be in a big hurry.  I've been asked repeatedly to keep the information up for a while in case someone wants to see, for instance, what the going price for that item was at the time of the post.

I'll make the tire thread go away now if you insist, but will otherwise wait a day or three before nuking it.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Duramax

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2014, 02:28:08 PM »
No problems.  Most sites have timed edit now. 

Sure, leave it up. 

I just didn't want people seeing the title and thinking there are tires for sale in the thread.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2014, 05:16:55 PM »
Where are you on the Wheels????
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Duramax

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2014, 06:46:49 PM »
Where are you on the Wheels????

The 18" wheels I pretty much "gave away" with the tires since he wanted the "Casper" setup, smooth in the front, ribbed in the back, kind of like a French Tickler for diesels.

The 16's are 8 lug OEM GM Al Forgings.  Stupid strong.  But they are 8 lugs.  Perhaps you could go 4 lug on them? :D
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 07:26:41 PM by Duramax »