Author Topic: "Senna"  (Read 2992 times)

Offline Gary Perkinson

"Senna"
« on: May 01, 2014, 10:30:54 PM »
Not a gigantic F1 fan, but I just watched "Senna" (a documentary about the life and death of Ayrton Senna) on Velocity, on the 20th anniversary of his death. Really good flick--I recommend it to any racing fan. He seemed like a cool guy...
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1 mile)     143.313
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1.5 mile)  148.321
LTA   F/PRO Record (1 mile)         114.668

Offline Tman

Re: "Senna"
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 10:15:14 PM »
It is worth watching. Shows how corrupt the French/FIA is.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 12:00:54 PM »
He died on my birthday so I never forget.

I also watched his first F1 race here at Kyalami.

The front wing came off his Tollman and it was very difficult to drive but he hung in there until the end.

The little known fact is that they had to lift him out of the car and carry him.
He was exhausted.
Cool dude and the French stuck it to him at Suzuka big time He got payback of sorts the next year. :-D

Offline dw230

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 03:08:09 PM »
Sorry for the hijack.

This past weekend there was a 2.5 hour documentary film, 1:The Formula One Story, on NBCSN. This film covered the most dangerous decade in Formula One, the 70s. The film concentrates on the safety improvements made during this era. It also shows that F1 was a disorganized, under funded traveling road show that was just a party with a few deaths thrown in.

I am going to look for a DVD so I can add this film to my collection. Great footage from the 50s to 2013. Think it air again on June 8th., check your listings.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Gary Perkinson

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 01:35:43 PM »
Sorry for the hijack.

This past weekend there was a 2.5 hour documentary film, 1:The Formula One Story, on NBCSN. This film covered the most dangerous decade in Formula One, the 70s. The film concentrates on the safety improvements made during this era. It also shows that F1 was a disorganized, under funded traveling road show that was just a party with a few deaths thrown in.

I am going to look for a DVD so I can add this film to my collection. Great footage from the 50s to 2013. Think it air again on June 8th., check your listings.

DW

I'll check that out...sounds interesting...

I was pretty amazed that Senna's death in '94 was the last fatality in F1 racing--that accident obviously lit a fire under someone....

Gary
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1 mile)     143.313
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1.5 mile)  148.321
LTA   F/PRO Record (1 mile)         114.668