Author Topic: Goodyear 22X4.0-17 #2904 Front Runners  (Read 33224 times)

Offline maj

Re: Goodyear 22X4.0-17 #2904 Front Runners
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2014, 03:31:23 AM »
Sparky
your point about the regulations also to me brings up the difference in needs between a mc and car rim, mc is never designed for the loads a car could put on them in a slide or spin ,, they may or may not be able to cope with the loads in all conditions
So what you have done with getting wheels made and George having to buy wheels for car application does make sense

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2014, 10:25:46 AM »
Maj,  my point was that my wheels are made with the off set needs of my car taken into consideration, they in no way resemble any MC wheel, they are not symmetrical.

They are designed to fit on shortened full size Ford spindles and not on Angelia spindles---we did that for a larger safety margin due to our scrub radius requirements with these small narrow tires. 

With the small height of the tire, 90 psi, and our very thick flange,  no one we have talked to, during the design or  after seeing them has expressed any concern about them being damaged from side loads on  the wheel.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline maj

« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2014, 11:22:20 AM »
Yes the correct design for your application

my standard wheel would seem to be right for my application, just need confirmation of tire fitment
and once that happens i dont see the need for any rule change though i will be checking with both car and motorcycle tech on there requirements before just turning up     

Offline racergeo

« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2014, 11:53:22 AM »
   MAJ, I am using the the front wheels off my TAD from 20 years ago. They went 240 in 1/4 mile and have SFI stickers. The older heavier ones, $200 a pair at any swap meet.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2014, 09:07:40 PM »
MAJ

We are in the process of turning my Automotive wheels rims down to MC specs  about .100 smaller in diam and the flange taper changes

will post when I get them back and mount the 2904 on them!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2014, 10:45:17 AM »
I received a phone call yesterday---The Fat Lady wants to sing--- is working behind the scenes with parties that be---
 so  she can sing the "correct last song" and publish it for all to see..  as they say --it ain't over till it over, and she hasn't sung  :cheers:

Offline maj

« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2014, 08:46:33 PM »
Good news
On the way to the BMST we stopped at Summit and i brought another tire, and they were good enough to bring out a Spindle wheel and a narrow 5 bolt wheel, with both in hand and the tire there is no confusion,
a spindle wheel is pretty much a motorcycle wheel, and the tire has the narrow bead seat, tight radius and shorter bead lip to suit a motorcycle type wheel.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2014, 09:02:23 PM »
 :cheers: yepers that is pretty much it as we see it  :-D

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2014, 09:04:01 AM »
The sound of silence from the "FAT LADY" is DEAFENING"   :cry:

This LSR tire is clearly built to run a MC spec  17" rim --- the 1320 guys have been running for over 50 years.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2015, 07:56:38 PM »
We have our first wheel and tire mounted and we will be installing them soon---MR. Podunk is not a cheap date but he sure has good stuff

A 2.75 x 17 wheel that was built to Automotive specs per Goodyear's and WELD's instruction and later modified to MC flange specs so the tires will mount!  Thank you Goodyear for all the HELP!!!!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 07:59:05 PM by SPARKY »

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2015, 08:57:00 PM »
Saw 'em up close and personal in Indiana. 

Terry's #1 in my book, and even if I had the facilities and the chops to do 'em myself, I'd still have him do it.

Those wheels are works of art.  :cheers:
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2015, 09:11:18 PM »
FYI
Some open wheel cars that have been in the wind tunnel show 2 to 3 "ticks" improvement using flat wheel disks.  
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2015, 10:58:45 PM »
Mike, we had to have the offset them this much to get rid of the scrub radius using modified early Ford spindles.  But I will keep that in mind if we ever build another set.  Thanks for the ticks heads up  some where down the road we may need those ticks.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2015, 09:51:17 AM »
Those are all just such bitchin roadsters  what a sight almost makes one want to become a roadster toad

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2015, 01:59:25 PM »
I don't remember seeing the 144 C/GR. Really a beautiful car anyone have some info on it.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.