Author Topic: Stainless gets a Valve Job  (Read 8147 times)

Offline Texican

Re: Stainless gets a Valve Job
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2014, 11:22:39 PM »
  Glad to hear that we can still swap lies and play "Can you top this?".

We are the box wine consumers in Saltville, and when We pour , I'll swirl it around in the coffee cup and roll the old eyes, and whisper, "that was a pretty good shift."

Did you say that y'all are committed to the "T & T" in July?

Hope to see you folks there.

Regards,
Jim

Offline tauruck

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2014, 11:38:01 PM »
Good to hear you're OK. :cheers:

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2014, 04:10:03 AM »
Stainless,

all the best recovery wishes from good ole Germany,

give your pump some relax time that everything can heal properly.

Good to read that they had not to open the "engine"

Stay crazy, stay upright......I'm looking for to seeing you at the salt :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2014, 11:32:49 AM »
Glen, I had no idea the pump was failing... they say I will be amazed... still moving a little slow although I took the kids for a 1/2 mile walk this morning  :-o

Woody, it is amazing, I may have a few more bullet holes because they had a lot of scar tissue to deal with.

Doc, you know how I am...

Don, stayed with OEM parts so the valve is still Stainless.  Have not been back on the flow bench yet but the Mechanic expects somewhere over double the previous flow. I'll let you know when I know.

Thanks everyone for the calls, texts and well wishes you are a great and supportive community I am proud to be part of this talented group.

See ya on the salt  8-)
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2014, 01:00:34 PM »
  Stainless, You need to change brands of Whiskey or start putting your shoes on in a different order.......  what a year!
  Thank God you will be able to buy me lunch again next February (NW Reunion) as JohnBoy seems a little on the "Cheep Side".
  Seriously, I lost my good friend and crew member Cecil Hankins about a month ago.
  Cecil died of a massive heart attack.  His autopsy showed that his Aorta was sixty percent blocked and His father and Uncles all had died of Heart problems at a fairly young age.  Cecil was very health conscious for that very reason but apparently forgot a very apparent sign.  He had complained to a family member the day before his death of "a bad case of heartburn" but nothing else.  The "heartburn" killed him.
  Many of us are in our later years, and need to learn the signs of Heart Problems and Stroke along with Cancer screening.
  I go in Wednesday for a colonscopy and endoscopy, neither of which is on my "fun things to do" list, but I still aspire to be called "Two Run Bob" before I croak.
                                                                                                    Bob "One Run" Drury
Bob Drury

Offline salt27

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2014, 01:57:21 PM »
Instead of "One Run Bob" the prep for the colonoscopy will make you into just "Run Bob".   :-D

The last time I did it I didn't quite make it a couple times, lots of laundry that day.   :oops:

Don

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2014, 02:59:55 PM »
Bob, I'm busy getting ready for the platoon to arrive for dinner - and for Nancy to get home from Lowe's - but I'll try to send a note on my colonoscopy before you go in for yours.  It might save you a bit of - unh, mmm, aaahhh, discomfort.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2014, 03:48:59 PM »
One Run, until the doc told me I was dying of congestive heart failure I was the healthiest person I knew.  The valve job is supposed to fix that... I had no blockages, just that leaky valve that has been there all my life... just not leaking that much... what changed all the sudden. Nothing, it happened over time, but since I go to the Y 4-6 days a week, the heart and lungs were compensating... just ran out of room to keep up.  The flow bench in a week should show the valve job was completely successful, at least that is what the doc is saying from listening to my heart. 
Besides that Bob, I still have hope to be able to say those magic words to you

CBWTTC  :cheers: (don't want to jinx you more than you already do)
Stainless

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2014, 03:56:17 PM »
  Slim, does it start with going to a Bar?  :roll:
  Stainless, not having a nagging wife, maybe I should listen more to my nagging body...  :-P
  Here's to a Healthy Fast 2014..............  :cheers: :cheers: (N.A. for some of us Ex-Professionals!!).
Bob Drury

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2014, 04:38:23 PM »
Stainless, I'm glad to hear that you're doing OK. It sounds as if you caught things in time to prevent an even greater problem. Are you still going to your reunion?

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2014, 06:23:47 PM »
BTW, Bob, thank you for staging your return yesterday and not today.   :mrgreen:

:cheers:  :cheers:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Ron Gibson

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2014, 09:52:58 AM »
Stainless
Got on the computer this morning when I got back to town and this is what I see??  And all this time, I thought you were the picture of good health. Glad they caught it early. I'm jealous, I only got three bullet holes from my gall bladder.
Sounds like you're going to have a speedy recovery if you're out walking around already. Sounds like you have a pretty good mechanic and pit crew working on you. Don't try to run too hard until you're broke in.
See you in August' 

Ron
Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2014, 07:43:26 PM »
Stainless,

Glad to hear all went with your valve job and hope the flow bench proves it. Good to see you still have your humor  :-) See you at Speedweek

Offline hotrod

• Black Horse photo
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2014, 10:10:18 PM »
Glad to hear things are working out and you were able to pickup on the subtle symptoms!

Hope to see you out on the salt again this year.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2014, 10:34:34 PM »
Thanks for the emails and comments guys, took 2 half mile walks Sunday and again today, the kids have enjoyed that part of my rehab.  Stitches come out Thursday
Stainless