Author Topic: Streamliner Chassis  (Read 1959 times)

Offline lsr202

• New folks
Streamliner Chassis
« on: April 18, 2014, 05:19:45 AM »
I have a Top Fuel cockpit up my sleeve and the front 3 feet of the chassis with all the steering components mounted. Do you think I could build a rear engine streamliner with these chassis parts and would it pass the inspection with the addition of a few gussets in the roll cage joins the top chassis rails? I am looking at E/GS and possibly E/BGS under the DLRA (ECTA) rule book

Offline Joe Timney

• Delaware Chassis Works
Re: Streamliner Chassis
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 07:00:24 AM »
From your post, I can't tell where you plan on running the car (DLRA (ECTA) rule book), it looks like a long tow between the two organizations. If you plan on running with ECTA, please call me at my shop at 302.378.3013EST. Generally, a Top Fuel cockpit tubing does not meet the chassis requirements.
Joe
Joe Timney
Retired President of ECTA
President of Delaware Chassis Works
President of FIREFOX Fire Suppression System
www.delawarechassisworks.com

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: Streamliner Chassis
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 11:48:24 AM »
Streamliners are so specialize I'd just forgo those parts as tempting as they may be.  I can't imagine the frontend parts working well for a streamliner and building the car around the cage might present compromises that you regret later.

If you are not interested in having a competitive car for now and the future then maybe go this route but otherwise give it the best possible shot you can at being a great car.  The current E/GS and E/BGS records for SCTA are 307+ and 334+.  I'd be trying to build a car that I thought could run faster than that even if I wasn't going to run it at B'ville.

Good luck,

Sum