Author Topic: Few questions regarding class A Motorcycle  (Read 2675 times)

Offline Mandi Engineering

• New folks
Few questions regarding class A Motorcycle
« on: April 06, 2014, 08:39:25 PM »
Within the rule book "A" class is not permitted to have any streamlining-any devices or objects forward of the rider that have the apparent effect of directing, limiting, or controlling airflow around the motorcycle of the rider. What is defined as the frontal end of the rider? Reason I am asking is I would like to build some components to fill in the gaps of the special chassis to help will drag. Is this permissible?

Also, I will be constructing a fuel tank from scratch which will be located directly in-between the engine and rear tire and adjacent to the chain. Are there are rules or safety precautions I need address before competing? (ie. diving wall between tank/tire and tank/chain)

For the motorcycle gloves, is there a required length?

Ciao,
Jon
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 09:28:50 PM by Mandi Engineering »

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: Few questions regarding class A Motorcycle
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 10:43:38 PM »
1. probably not, but take pictures of what you are thinking of doing and send them to the scta MC inspection chair.  

2. I constructed a tank of 12 gauge stainless on my A, it had the back side quite a bit longer to create a salt flap

3. they should go over your leathers with your arms extended in riding position.... you don't want exposed skin

sorry, looked for a tank pic, no joy.  
Good luck with your project
See ya on the salt  8-)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 10:46:31 PM by Stainless1 »
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Mandi Engineering

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 10:12:57 PM »
i have yet to draw any pictures but are most bikes running an air box on the salts? is there a limitation on the design of the air box (i.e. could i build a custom air box with a ram air style scoop?)

Offline stay`tee

• "Kawasaki ZX12 Turbocharged"
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 11:23:07 PM »
You ask what is defined as the frontal end of the rider,?,, SCTA Rule book, Section 7, Motorcycle Competition Specifactions, go to 7.A.7 Rider position:,,
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,