Author Topic: Production Class...It has to be there does it have to work?  (Read 2417 times)

Offline Crazydawg

• New folks
:D In production class pickup I see the rule book says the head lites ....taillites....park lites all has to be in place...........Do they have to be in working order or just be there? In other words can I do away with the 10 billion wires in my 1979 Chevy and just rewire what has to be there or does all the lites and have to actually lite up?.Thanks much David

Offline ddahlgren

• Global Moderator
Production Class...It has to be there does it have to work?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 06:20:41 PM »
Maybe the brake lites so everyone knows if you are scared LOL.. I am not a driver but you might be surprized on how many vehicles I have read the data log that never made it to WOT and want me to adjust the tune-up Turk, Wenz and Amo all excused from that one actually Jon W as well..He hit the nitrous on a poor track about 2 more times than i would have tried to try to find a good piece of race course last year.. Steve Knecomb<spellimg?> as well he took a tour of the whole course and rolled in and out of the throttle several times and I saw the wheel slip go to the moon on each occasion usually they are not the ones I have normally worked with but ask me to look and see what might be done. Everyone I have tuned for in the past that are my deal know I am data logging both TPS and gear position..until I see WOT in high gear for a timed mile really don't want to talk about tune-up..LOL But yes the brake lites.. Only kidding I think Dan W can give you a better answer but would suspect it is an aero consideration more than anything.. I would ask whoever is in the rule book listed as head of car tech..

Dave

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Production Class...It has to be there does it have to work?
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 12:58:22 AM »
They do not have to work, only have to be OEM size and locations.

J