Author Topic: The other car #49 - 2  (Read 9326 times)

Offline Frankie7799

Re: The other car #49 - 2
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2014, 01:26:51 PM »
Great job JD and Patrick!

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2014, 12:42:48 PM »
After 2 months of missing Perris Speedway Car #49 had another good showing. Missed last month for an Alaskan Cruise and glad to be back on the dirt. 14 cars unloaded and do to a high pill draw Patrick started at the tail of heat one and stayed there passing one car at getting his head ready for the main.

The main started 13 with Patrick in 11th, Nobody could make the their cars stick coming out of turn 2 and screwups continued the entire race. Patrick worked turns 3/4 like a pro (guess he really likes this new car) passed a few and held off others. Race ended after 10 laps + 30 under yellow. Finished a solid 4th with 8 cars on the track. If he would have had 3-5 more laps I'm sure he would have been 3rd. Follow him on Facebook Car 49.

Right rear quarter with be my only minor repair for the next race. Car 14 runs into him with the yellow out...Still held him off and the following restarts..............2 races---two 4th place finishes
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2014, 04:26:57 PM »
JD, it sounds like you and Patrick are having way too much fun.  Great times -- running a good car, doing well at the races, not having to rebuild the entire body after races, and -- dad and son doing it together. :cheers: :-D :cheers: :-D  Corngratulations and continuing fun to both of you.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2014, 11:54:03 AM »
Since El Mirage is cancelled you So Cal guys come out to the stock car races in Perris this Saturday night. 4 stock type classes : Modifieds, Super Stocks ( that's us), Street Stocks, Factory Stocks, plus Dwarf cars. Wheel pack starts at 5:00 pm with heat races followed by the mains.......JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2014, 10:42:26 PM »
Bad or unlucky we never made it past hot laps.. After 3-4 laps under power a 4 foot long white tubular object came out from under the car with a bang. The front u-joint broke. The yoke stayed in the trans and the rear came out of the u- bolts bending one. This our 2nd builder and we are changing again to one of the other racers at Perris. We will be ready in lake August again....JD

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2014, 11:55:16 PM »
Here's the update on Car #49. Perris Auto Speedway 8-23-14 on Youtube and you too can be in the car for the main event. Running second in the heat race was going to be great for the main event until the pinwheel came up inverted for our main event so we started 9th in a field of 11. Lost a tire on lap 8 but a caution at the same time saved us from going a lap down. If you watch the tape don't badmouth the old man changing the tire too much. The incedent on the white flag lap caused Patrick 1 or 2 spots but we will take the 5th place finish. Already in the process of fixing the body work and a the right side bumper edges. We thought we solved  our heat problems but the engine ran 240* for most of the race. The new tested 29# cap expanded the bottom 3 tubes but we lost no water. Going to open up the front of the car for air next race plus a new radiator and a right front fender.......Next race September 20th then it's off to Bonneville to help Charlie Reno in his #422 AA/BGMR...........................JD

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2014, 01:56:21 PM »
I haven't done my reporting so here goes. September 20 at Perrris was a tough night. Patrick finish his hard fight for a 7th place finish in a 12 car starting field. As I remember there were 17 green flag laps at the end. The engine ran pretty hot so for the next race I made some changes in the front for more air. Patrick is 7th in points the last spot where you car run for the championship in November. We need a good finish on October 25th.

Last night October 11th we went to the Budwiser Wast Dirt Nationals in Bakersfield. More cars then I have ever seen mostly Late Models and IMCA Modifieds. We had a 16 car field in West Coast Pro Stock which will be the new name for the class in 2015. At this track we run tires we don't normally use and have little experience in using. Patrick hit the outside wall in Hot Laps causeing some  rear damage but it patch up easy. He started 13th in the 30 Lap main and ended up 10th mostly due to attrition which we will take. I'll be busy for the next 2 weeks on the car plus we both have Duties at El Mirage October 18/19..Watch him on Facebook @ Car 49 and there is a lot on You Tube also using Perris Auto Speed way 2014 as a search................JD

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2014, 08:12:54 PM »
Haven't said much. Season is over. Last 2 races were at Perris. Patrick was 7th in points overall. Last 2 races had bigger fields since other tracks had ended their seasons (18). Patrick ran mid pack in both races driving hard and passing his way to 5th in the October race. Trying to chase down 4th he over drove turn 4 and lost 2 spots. November was 30 laps with 3 yellows he again finished 7th.

Engine is already out for a freshening since it has had 20 mains and 20 heat races. We are hopefully moving to
Pinto type spindles and light weight discs and calipers. We need to loose about 50/70# from the front to weight the car properly. Every one in our class is already doing this. March is coming fast and my roadster needs back together too to be ready for May.........JD

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2015, 03:08:38 PM »
Started first race on the pole by luck. Finished in 4th but the 3rd place car was DQ'ed. So we backed into a 3rd place finished. New front end worked well but Patrick wants to move some weight around to fend off the loose condition we seem to have at the end of every race next race mid April before the Gas-Up....JD