Author Topic: Portland Swap Meet  (Read 9466 times)

Offline Freud

Re: Portland Swap Meet
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2014, 11:32:13 PM »
Hey Fellows, just look on a map.

it isn't East LA.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2014, 11:35:06 PM »
The big plan for Saturday is formulated.  It is to go to the Triumph club breakfast, stop by the bike shop to get my bearing seals, ride up to St Johns to fill up the growlers, and heck, I will be right near the swap meets.  I am not interested in buying anything.  Besides, what can I take back home on the bike?  Which is the best one for meeting folks that are on landracing.com?   

Offline ratpatrol66

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2014, 12:09:20 AM »
Just got my vacation slip signed for Friday. Be there by noon, saying with a freind in chittie hotel. Looking for a grille for my 29 Model A and rear bumper for 69 GTO. All the beer talk makes me wonder if there could be a beer garden? Last years fall swap meet at Monroe, WA. had a beer garden under the main granstand. Business was good! Regarding the weapons permit, Oregon accepts a few permits. Lucky for me being in a neighboring state.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 12:11:57 AM by ratpatrol66 »

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2014, 01:06:48 AM »
  Wobbly, Bring lot's of cash, I can haul it home  (mine not yours) for you.
  Anyone packing heat at the Portland Swap Meets might receive a swat to the head with........... oh, maybe a 1932 Marmon axle shaft or perhaps a Hudson flathead head (in the head, mind you).
  My stall at the Race Track is 1167 (North side of the track (towards Washington). 
                                                                                                  One Run Bob
Bob Drury

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2014, 09:16:05 AM »
  Bob, I'll be the one with the "2" Club hat and pasty colored skin that a long Montana Winter provides. See you Friday.
    Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2014, 01:17:58 AM »
The nice thing about Oregon is it is peaceful and there is no need to carry a firearm. 

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2014, 01:12:48 PM »
The neighborhood just to the south of the race tracks is the Kenton.  You will know you are there when you see the 30-foot tall lumberjack.  Sort of like Wendover Will is at B'ville.  There are some good bbq and soul food places there.  One we stop at is Po'shines at N. Kilpatrick and N. Denver.  Sweet potato pie, cornbread, ribs, etc.  It is a small neighborhood place that is busy so there is nowhere to sit and sometimes and we eat out in the truck.  The food is good and the prices are reasonable.

Offline ratpatrol66

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2014, 11:55:28 PM »
I was not able to make it down. Just read on a different forum about some thefts of stuff. Not good, hope the karma train runs the pukes over.

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2014, 12:28:01 AM »
  Unfortunately they didn't steal any of mine... I had to load it back up and haul it home (why oh why to I always take heavy sh*t?).  :-P
  It was nice to meet Montana Doug although I tried not too by giving out the wrong stall number.........   :-P :wink: :roll:

« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 12:30:48 AM by Bob Drury »
Bob Drury

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2014, 12:38:15 AM »
If you don't take the heavy stuff, you'll have it forever (and it may get restless and invade your living room :evil:).  I took a bunch of heavy stuff; sold one item, but! bought none (a first, perhaps).

Mike

Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Freud

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2014, 12:44:56 AM »
Treit felt it didn't rain enough to drive more people inside.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2014, 01:38:52 AM »
  Treit wasn't under my moth eaten (much to my chagrin) canopy where I was eating stale pretzels with NO Beer.................. :-P :-P :-P
  From the look of the new moss growing under my nose, there was PLENTY OF DAMN RAIN on Saturday.
                                                                                One Run, out.......................
Bob Drury

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2014, 11:21:51 AM »
ORB just let the moss alone. Please do not fall off the roof again :cheers:
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2014, 12:09:46 PM »
   Well, we made it back home in one piece. Had a short pitstop on the way out when the front wheel bearing went out on the Suburban about 200 miles East of Portland. The good people at The Tire Factory in Boardman got us in and out in about an hour. [We tipped them well]. We didn't get there until later Thursday evening and were able to find a good neighborhood diner and a local dive bar. I loved the sign on the diner door. "Please remove your sunglasses and hoody before entering". Place was called "Jim Dandy". Bar was "The Glass House". Met some Canadian's there that had come for the meet, too. The bar gal met us all once and in three days never had to ask us what we drank again. We were impressed but never felt like strangers. When we went to the meet on Friday it only sprinkled a couple of times and the next day we went inside and missed the rain. Had a good time and met some nice people, especially "One Run". Wore my red hat and six people commented. A couple of them have never been to the Salt but are headed that way. We met the crew from The A** hole Garage there so we had a pretty good bunch to hang out with.
    Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2014, 10:39:36 AM »
I was not able to make it down. Just read on a different forum about some thefts of stuff. Not good, hope the karma train runs the pukes over.

As a public service: http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/pts/4410569813.html

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!