Author Topic: Flathead Ford Moldex Cranshaft 4.250 Stroke and Pistons  (Read 8265 times)

Offline ronnieroadster

Flathead Ford Moldex Cranshaft 4.250 Stroke and Pistons
« on: March 06, 2014, 08:51:55 PM »
 Moldex forged crankshaft I have one 4.250 stroke crank for sale I ran this in my Lakester its knife edged and all surfaces have been polished. I turned 7500 RPM using this crankshaft in the standing mile running over 170 MPH. The snout and rear flange are standard Ford dimensions the rod journals are two inch in diameter the mains are standard Ford 2.500 with clearance for RPM. I also have a set of eight 3-5/16 Ross forged pistons used with this crankshaft that includes pins and spiral locks the crank and pistons $3200.00
 Send me PM or Email if interested Ronnieroadster@Aol.com          :cheers:
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Flathead Ford Moldex Cranshaft 4.250 Stroke and Pistons
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 08:56:26 PM »
Still wondering, RR -- where are you?  There's nothing in the location slot about where you are. . . :?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 09:15:30 PM »
Slim, If he reads your posts he should know you will assign him a location. :evil:
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 09:26:15 PM »
Slim, you have a keen ear for alliteration - perhaps I can suggest a home town for ronnieroadster . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiTKIbR69ss

"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 09:58:36 PM »
 Slim I'm located in the far East at the moment its cold here in Connecticut. But the weather for the weekend is going to be in the forty's time take the roadster out for the season.  :-o
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 01:11:08 AM »
There you go Slim. He is from Rock Ridge Connecticut :cheers:
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 10:16:11 AM »
Ronnie, would it be okay if we move you from Connecticut to Rhode Island?  We need to keep the alliteration going.  That way we could have RonnieRoadster from Rock Ridge, Rhode Island.  You could do us the favor of telling us that your car is red and that you live right next to a railroad and that your favorite flavor is rum raisin.

Right?

PS  It is Friday/Joke Day, you know. :cheers:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 11:39:09 AM »
"Rock Ridge".....wasn't that the name of the town in "Blazing Saddles"? The one with Sheriff Bart and The Waco Kid?  :-D

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 01:39:41 PM »
Good memory, Neil.  I followed the YouTube link above and got to see a scene from Blazing Saddles and Rock ridge and all of that -- but I sure didn't remember the name or anything.  Details like the name of the city in  a movie?  Hey - I'm happy to remember the detail of putting the cereal in the bowl before I put the milk in it. :-D
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2014, 04:30:24 PM »
Ronnie, would it be okay if we move you from Connecticut to Rhode Island?  We need to keep the alliteration going.  That way we could have RonnieRoadster from Rock Ridge, Rhode Island.  You could do us the favor of telling us that your car is red and that you live right next to a railroad and that your favorite flavor is rum raisin.

Right?

PS  It is Friday/Joke Day, you know. :cheers:

I doubt Ronnie has any desire to live next to a railroad now, he doesn't need any more experience with a Wescott   :-D  Yup, Friday and I saw an open door  :evil:

Ed

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2014, 04:46:10 PM »
 When I hired out on the railroad in 1975 the guy Im working with says kid give me the Wescott I had no idea what the heck he was talking about good memorys for sure. After working for the railroad going on 38 years I have a good collection of Wescott wrench's today I actually used two of them.
    Heck the railroad tracks are directly behind my shop seems I will never be away from the rails. Now if only I spent more time watching TV I would know what the heck you guys are trying to tell me. But I spent all of my time in the garage working on this car stuff missed all those interesting TV movies darn it.  :?

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2014, 05:49:33 PM »
Do it Slim, just do it :-D

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2014, 08:22:37 PM »
Roger that, JB.  But I can't now -- he's put something down as his real location.  Dang -- I was thinking of other "r" words. . . :evil:  And as for watching TV -- nope, not me.  We don't have one and don't go to the movies and don't watch shows on the internet.  If a TV show or movie aired originally anytime after the late 1980s - the chances are excellent I haven't seen it.  Blazing Saddles I remember, but that's about all.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 10:58:19 PM »
  Oh bull sh*t Slim.  Nobody has ever watched that movie and forgotten "let me whip this out" or the scene where the "Sheriff" and "Waco" are sinking in the quicksand, and the great Slim Pickens is trying to save their horses (but not them)....  and I am older than you and still suffering from "flash backs".
                                                                                                                      One Run, out...............
Bob Drury

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2014, 08:23:10 AM »
No, Bob, I do remember the movie, but I guess it's my young age that's showing.  The scene I remember best is the eating beans around the campfire scene.  Much more juvenile.  The lady (soiled dove) that screeched in German was memorable, too, now that I think of it.  But to relate the scene to this topic - I believe she was screeching to make us (the audience) think that the sheriff was packing more than a 4.250 stroke. :evil:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 01:13:27 PM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com