Author Topic: Daytona 500  (Read 7351 times)

Offline jl222

Re: Daytona 500
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2014, 01:39:17 PM »

I taped the race and when it got rain delayed, I got busy out side. later when watching, Danica Patric was running with the leaders with 22 laps to go when time ran out on tape..sh..t
 Found out later she was knocked out many laps earlier? Must have been watching last years race, but when I tuned in there was no mention of last year.

Anyhow glad Junior won :cheers:

JL222

Offline dw230

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2014, 03:41:24 PM »
Next time take a look at the bottom of the screen John.

I did better, set up the DVR. While in Portland we watched until the rain came then went downtown. I knew I would have nothing when I got home. The good news is that when I checked the DVR I had over 5 hours of the race. Bad news, in my haste I chose the wrong channel to set up, any one speak Spanish? Anyhow, turns out 5 hours was still not enough time, replay is on Friday.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline lvsalt

• http://www.dcwaterjet.com
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2014, 08:21:46 PM »

Back from the race, had a GREAT time it was far from boring for me. I had access to pit road and watched the race from there. to see  40 cars come by at 195mph+ within inches of each other impressed me. Im not going NASCAR racing but I did enjoy it. :? :?
Gary Cole     DCWATERJET Z

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2014, 09:46:32 PM »
Appears to me Austin Dillon really thinks he IS Dale Earnhardt. In Dales youth he took out who ever he choose and made a ton of enemies. Wised up much later. Looks like Dillon is starting that way too by first taking out his chief rivel for rookie of the year Kyle Larson and many others..Not much said on TV........JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2014, 02:06:16 AM »
  They don't dare say anything bad about whomever drives the #3 car or the brain (less?) legions of Dale Sr. fans would bring wrath and doom upon the offending Network, announcers, and sponsors.
 Sterling Marlin, the poor bastard who "may" have sent Dale Sr. into the wall, was essentialy driven out of Nascar by death threats and pressure put on sponsors by the fine fans of Nascar.
  Besides, Grandpa won't let anybody rough him up and he has GM Racing behind him.
Bob Drury

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2014, 03:16:17 AM »
Damn ORB, you ever think about smoking the pot instead of string it  :evil:
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2014, 09:55:35 AM »
I didn`t see the race...I hear some guys turned left in taxi cabs or something to that effect...................
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline Tman

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2014, 12:14:10 AM »
Could have been written tongue-in-cheek. Trent is too smart to fall for the Fox Sports scam.

DW

Apparently smarter than a large portion of the folks that Tweet and post on facebook! :cheers: :-D :wink: :roll:

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2014, 05:27:06 PM »
Floyd...Some of the taxi's turned "right" that's why it's fun to watch super speedways......Go Smoke
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2014, 11:59:29 PM »
'Dodge ORB, you ever think about smoking the pot instead of string it  evil '

ROTFLMAO  :-D
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2014, 12:27:02 PM »
Jimmy....Tony drove in a late model race at our local short track a few years ago...Got himself turned around by a faster car and made the track owner red flag the race so he could leave in his motorhome. Real class act.
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2014, 04:01:37 PM »
I turned it on with 14 laps to go, they made12 and crashed, another yellow,white, checker finish. Some day they will run a full race to the finish. BOERING. :roll:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah