Author Topic: New Lakester Project / Washington  (Read 14285 times)

Offline cmursick

Re: New Lakester Project / Washington
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2014, 04:00:53 PM »
thanks TMAN. yeah I am stoked for sure spent last night and this morning laying it out  I am hoping for 120 inch wheel base and working on the lay out of the cage . although I have a build in the shop im going to try to complete this week so I can set up the tank build in its place
I do it Because every one around me says" you cant do that"...

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2014, 05:01:17 PM »
  Two pieces of advice:  Don't cut any tubing before you look at other steamliners AND talk to their drivers.  Don't build the cage without a current rule book and a thourghal understanding of minimum and maximum clearances to the roll cage (with your helmet on).
  Remember, measure twice/cut once................................. Bob
p.s.  Try hooking up with the Danny Boy guys up in Brewster.  They have both a streamliner and a lakester.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 05:03:28 PM by Bob Drury »
Bob Drury

Offline cmursick

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2014, 06:46:44 PM »
thanks and yes I have studied chassis for a long time I have the current rule book and I am in the process of contact with ed with the danny boy car they are twenty nine miles away.. I have built many chassis to specs out of a rule book for off road so I have a good understanding of what they look for in the way they are wording it in the rules. with that being said I feel im headed in the right direction and any and all advise on the build of the tank will be welcome thanks for the positive feed back

Offline cmursick

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2014, 12:34:41 AM »
ok been gone for a while busy as heck went to speed week and though we were rained out we had a blast I got home and decided to sell the hot rod it sold yesterday and now I am all in and dropped about 8g so far on what I know I need the add on to the shop will be finished before next month then we will actually start building the car though im a lot of parts away I feel we have a good pile of good parts and way more knowledge.. now all I need to figure out is how to get more hours out of the day all this work is getting in the way of building the car.. will be keeping up on the pics and build from now till it makes its first run which I have made my dead line for sometime around june for elmirage since ill be there to visit family anyhow

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2014, 01:03:58 AM »
 :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Tman

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2014, 11:16:47 AM »
Chris, my cell will be dead for a while today, will call you later.

Offline cmursick

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2015, 12:59:24 AM »
geese hard time trying to post

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2015, 07:52:06 AM »
 :-o  :?
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!