Author Topic: New Lakester Project / Washington  (Read 14261 times)

Offline cmursick

New Lakester Project / Washington
« on: February 16, 2014, 03:54:52 PM »
ok im back though I still plan to run my truck this year in the 130 and hoe the 150 club in sept. I have the bug and recently added a tank to my collection of hot rods . so now my plan is to run a belly tank with a v8 flatty that I have already built ..I have the side loader trans and plenty of parts laying around. I want to run in the vintage class to start  so I have lots of questions  due to the rule book has not arrived yet my newly friend tman has been guiding me the last few weeks and I am looking for all the info I can get such as can I run a quick change rear axle or not what guys are doing for water boxes and a lot of pics I look at on line I don't see flame out systems is this a must anyway I am new and don't want to look like a fool but we gotta start someware I would love some pics of what guys are runningwell any help will be in the right direction since the only one around the town I live in are all into dirt track racing and not much for info   thanks again chris
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 09:33:54 PM by Seldom Seen Slim »
I do it Because every one around me says" you cant do that"...

Offline RichFox

Re: NEW LAKSTER PROJECT / WASHINGTON
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 04:11:07 PM »
Yes you really need a rule book or two. Quick change is OK. Fire bottles (at least 10 pounds, I think) are required. Lots of information on the SCTA site, I think, about safety equipment. Or from Delaware Chassis Works
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 04:38:16 PM by RichFox »

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 04:21:02 PM »
My tip would be, unless you are building a show quality deal to avoid the QC. Realistically you are looking at somewhere between 150-200mph, likely the lower end of that and you can get the gear set you'll need in a diff that is cheap, and easy to find parts for. The other issue is a QC will absorb a bit of power, and they're big.

Don't want to be a party pooper but racing is more fun than fixing or paying for things.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 05:36:27 PM by Dr Goggles »
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Tman

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 05:28:14 PM »
Chris, I sent you an email a bit ago with Waynos info. Buy his tank and pick his brain!

Offline cmursick

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 05:43:28 PM »
sweet I thank you guys for the info keep it coming and thanks tman ill check it out

Offline Tman

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 06:42:24 PM »
sweet I thank you guys for the info keep it coming and thanks tman ill check it out

Chris, Slim that owns the site would like you to put your WA location in, I see he assigned you to Doofus Delaware

Offline cmursick

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 11:43:19 AM »
jest wanted to thank every one who has helped me on the way i am heading to meet wayno the week after next to pick up the tank .. and also thanks sparky for all the great insite on rear ends. i will be keeping a diary as soon as we start the chassie

Offline cmursick

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 11:33:11 AM »
ok got the side loader trans built and done just about done with the torsen rear axle all the tubing showed up thursday got the flatty block back from machine and the 4 inch crank and friday we meet with wayno in idaho to pick up the tank im chomping at the bit already lol. ill have some pics posted soon..

Offline cmursick

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 08:13:57 PM »
got back from Idaho today picked up the tank from wayno. unfortunately I have to wait a week to finish a car that is in the spot where I am going to build the chassie but we are moving forward and that's a plus thanks again for meeting me half way wayno

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 08:31:36 PM »
How 'bout I'll tell you what I think I see as what oughta be done (Is that clear as mud or what?).  This sure looks like a build diary instead of something along the lines of safety, so unless you give me the reason that it's in safety - on purpose - I'll move it into the BD topic threads, okay?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline cmursick

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2014, 08:38:21 PM »
ok so I see I was in the wrong area so I am creating this build diary and will keep my post and phots here.. today I got back from meeting wayno in twin falls Idaho to get my tank so next week we will be starting the build
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 08:50:34 PM by cmursick »

Offline cmursick

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2014, 08:44:18 PM »
 I jrealized that and just started a build diary sorry I am kinda new with web site and forums

Offline Freud

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2014, 08:44:22 PM »
I hope you didn't get the wrong type fever from Wayno.....

Check with your "shrink" as soon as possible.

I know he is infected.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Elmo Rodge

Re: New Lakester Project / Washington
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2014, 09:44:35 PM »
And afflicted.  :-) Wayno

Offline Tman

Re: New Lakester Project / Washington
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2014, 12:48:17 PM »
Guys, he is done for. Chris was Excited and on the phone with me as soon as he left Wayno with his new tank! Take lots of pictures Chris. I am working on that parts list we talked about and will give you a call this week.