Author Topic: Licensing passes  (Read 2396 times)

Offline kustombrad

• Project No Bucks '49
Licensing passes
« on: February 13, 2014, 12:26:29 AM »
Is there any rule to how many licensing passes you can do in a day? I wasn't sure if the SCTA had any set rule.

Offline Tman

Re: Licensing passes
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 12:52:50 AM »
Depends on the lines once you get out of the rookie orientation on course 4. And other elements.

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 01:05:30 AM »
Is there any rule to how many licensing passes you can do in a day? I wasn't sure if the SCTA had any set rule.

No, like Trent said just how quick you can get through the lines.  Later in the week that is easy, too easy and we made 4 in about 4 hours and should of slowed that down.  If so we would of been able to of run again  :cry:

Sum

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 10:32:23 AM »
Yep, as many as time allows, we can usually do 2 or 3 in a day depending on lines of course... several years ago we licensed 2 rookies to B (175-199) and then one qualified for a record run, and went to impound.... all in one day.  The 3 and 4 track setup when salt condition allows makes waiting times very short.
Pork Pie went from rookie to a record after a dozen or more runs Speedweek 2012, he made his rookie pass Monday and Record pass Friday... 199.665...
If his tuner worked faster and the water cooled quicker he could have made more  :roll:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 11:04:12 AM »
For whatever reason - I carry my rookie licensing record with me.  It's from 2001 World of Speed, and shows I made my 125 and 150 passes on the 21st, the 175 on the 22nd, and 200 on the twenty-third of September.  No stresses with that pleasantly full schedule, no hassling with long lines, plenty of time for enjoying my accomplishments between runs.  Take time to enjoy your successes. :-) :-)
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 11:42:43 AM »
Yep, as many as time allows, we can usually do 2 or 3 in a day depending on lines of course... several years ago we licensed 2 rookies to B (175-199) and then one qualified for a record run, and went to impound.... all in one day.  The 3 and 4 track setup when salt condition allows makes waiting times very short.
Pork Pie went from rookie to a record after a dozen or more runs Speedweek 2012, he made his rookie pass Monday and Record pass Friday... 199.665...
If his tuner worked faster and the water cooled quicker he could have made more  :roll:

Stainless, the tuner.....means you, done a fantastic job :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:....especially when at the beginning you had some sensor problems...your tuning just by ear was great....

I set my record with my 11th run.....three of this runs was just for experience...10 mph headwind with the little motor...no chance....picked my A license when I set the record....
my starter was more happy than I...."the whole week I wait that I could sign this timing slip"....his smile was so wide that I hoped he got a convertible as his drive :-D :-D :-D
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)