Author Topic: Advice Needed On Shipping Bike From The UK To USA  (Read 1721 times)

Offline mbuk

Advice Needed On Shipping Bike From The UK To USA
« on: February 11, 2014, 03:00:28 PM »
Hi all, can anyone recommend a good shipping company and any advice would be helpful on shipping a bike to and from the US from the UK. I am coming over for speedweek this year.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: Advice Needed On Shipping Bike From The UK To USA
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 03:03:56 PM »
There were a half dozen over about 2 years ago, had BBC coverage, I would find the thread here and PM them
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline maj

Re: Advice Needed On Shipping Bike From The UK To USA
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 03:36:32 PM »
Get yourself a canet, it simplifies moving a listed set of equipment from one country to another and back without import and export red tape or costs
Use a steel crate , try your local bike shops and see what they have ,
 Honda have a good crate , all steel frame with uprights and roof to screw panels onto , only problem with it is its a bit big, ok if you can include your gear and spares in the crate otherwise its wasted space your paying for
Triumph also have a good base ,pressed steel that can be damaged by careless fork lift drivers  but improves with 30mm rhs welded under the perimeter,

Offline bbarn

Re:
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 04:12:47 AM »
Kuhn & Nagel can handle the shipping. You'll need to have your title or certificate of manufacture and a few other export declaration pages filled out.They'll have all the paperwork you need and will help you complete it. Not hard, just enough of it to make you to crazy.
I almost never wake up cranky, I usually just let her sleep in.