Author Topic: Painless Wiring.  (Read 7251 times)

Offline Dean Los Angeles

Re: Painless Wiring.
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2014, 10:59:38 AM »
For when you need to activate a switch in an emergency, don't forget the switch with zero activation time.

Its called the pucker factor switch and inserts you-know-where.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2014, 04:19:00 PM »
We use toggle switches to relays. I mounted them sideways with safety covers so all the bouncing around at El Mirage & sometimes even Bonneville will not allow the safety cover to bounce & shut off the switch. The driver can also just take his gloved hand off the steering wheel & shut everything off at one time. Works for us........ so far.
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2014, 05:39:43 PM »
  Mike, I like that.  Running fuel, I have to wear SFI-20 gloves which are about like having boxing gloves on when it comes to dexterity.
  And for any newbies who think the Salt is always smooth, wait till you miss the turnout at about 100+ mph.  You will easily know which fillings are loose......
Bob Drury

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2014, 06:08:38 PM »
  Mike, I like that.  Running fuel, I have to wear SFI-20 gloves which are about like having boxing gloves on when it comes to dexterity.
  And for any newbies who think the Salt is always smooth, wait till you miss the turnout at about 100+ mph.  You will easily know which fillings are loose......

x2 here.

if you hit the crunchies in our car at anything above walking pace it is impossible to do anything with any accuracy, fortunately you can hit the kill switch with your thumb with both hands on the wheel.......
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2014, 04:51:56 PM »
Here's a very simple video from my friends at Moss Motors regarding the basic wiring and value of relays . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkG22KgciwY

Seriously - I know they work - I can now get by with the stock LUCAS switches in my MGB without fear of letting the smoke out.

I've got 'em on the horns, the lights, fog lights, driving lights, the brake lights, the tail lights, the fuel pump, the power amp for the stereo - everyplace they belong and Morris Garages saw fit to not include.

"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline tauruck

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2014, 07:43:15 AM »
Thanks Chris, I watched the video. :cheers: