Author Topic: Early Bluebird fires up again  (Read 2489 times)

Offline Reverend Hedgash

Early Bluebird fires up again
« on: February 03, 2014, 09:14:04 AM »
Hey all, good to see an old racer back on the block. Last year I reported from the UK National Motor Museum at the Beaulieu estate that I had seen this Bluebird in the workshop getting a full rebuild after someone destroyed the motor in 1993. It was good to see that it wasn't being over-restored like some cars we could mention where they were painting it with a brush as per original! (rumours are that he was pretty inebriated when he first painted the car before its first race so I wonder if they used that technique for originality?)

This week they finally fired the old girl back together again.

http://fortyonesix.com/news/1833/bluebird-heard-singing-again-at?utm_medium=email&utm_source=The+Goodwood+Estate+Company+Ltd&utm_campaign=3613338_FortyOneSix+31%2f01%2f2014&utm_content=bluebird&dm_i=1QLU,25G2I,B0NJQ5,7RRG3,1

Rev H+

Offline mtkawboy

Re: Early Bluebird fires up again
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 12:02:34 PM »
Says page doesn't exist ????????????????

Offline Reverend Hedgash

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 01:01:45 PM »
And another old one firing up at the Goodwood Festival of Speed this year, a monstrous Fiat!

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/goodwood-festival-speed/rare-fiat-land-speed-record-car-set-goodwood

I am hoping to head down to this event although tickets are getting pretty pricey. It will either be this or Revival in September which I think the Mrs might prefer but it would be good to see this behemoth!

\rH+

ps thanks for the link fix!

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 01:40:17 AM »
... it would be good to see this behemoth!...
I'd like to hear that monster start up- with its four cylinders displacing 434 c.i.- EACH!! :-o
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020