Author Topic: That's right, looking for more Jimmy parts.  (Read 1912 times)

Offline lsrjunkie

That's right, looking for more Jimmy parts.
« on: January 27, 2014, 02:38:37 PM »
Trying to track down a cost effective set of roller lifters for a 302 Jimmy. I've found a couple options. One is a long shot, and the other would require a quite a bit of machine work.

I'm not opposed to bushing the block and using something a little more common. My conundrum is, do you spend the money on the machine work? Or, do you spend the money on lifters that fit the existing bores.

Any input would be great!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: That's right, looking for more Jimmy parts.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 04:57:19 PM »
I would spend the money with the machinist and bush it down to an offf the shelf roller lifter that will then work
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 07:33:14 PM »
I would bush the lifter bores regardless, GMC blocks or at least all the ones I have seen have some of the lifter bores out of alignment. To bush the lifter bores correctly you will need an alignment fixture.  The problem you will run into is that most machine shops don’t have one for the GMC.

Crower and Fontana are the two companies that I know of that made lifters for the GMC.  Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 10:06:33 AM »
Thanks for the info Tony. I called Crower, and the gentleman on the phone greeted my request with silence. The closest thing the Crower rep told me the had would be a solid roller for a top fuel style hemi. For the record, Hemi=big$$$. If that's what is needed, so be it.

Stock lifter bore is 0.990. The hemi lifters are 1.000. So if I go that route, we will still be doing some machine work. Just trying to make sure that's not my only option.
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 10:28:29 AM »
Did you try Fontana?  If you run out of options I have two sets of Fontana, and could part with one set, but the weren't cheap when I bought them from him.  Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”