Author Topic: micro blue  (Read 8323 times)

Offline hawkwind

micro blue
« on: January 25, 2014, 04:07:49 AM »
Greetings all :-D......anyone tried the micro blue coatings ? and if so is the hype translated into practice ?  as it is rather expensive need some positive feedback before jumping in the deep end.

cheers
slower than most

Offline Jack Gifford

Re: micro blue
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 01:10:04 AM »
Not aware of it- tell us about it?
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline hawkwind

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 04:55:16 AM »
Its an engine coating .....www.microblueracing.com/   need to read about it
slower than most

Offline rouse

• Impound is the place to be
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 09:11:44 AM »
I'd like to see some feedback from folks that us it.

I see they also do chains

Rouse
Johnnie Rouse
Bike 4680 P-PP2000 SCTA record 153.325    A-PF3000 182.920
                              Texas Mile 152.518 PP class  186 A-PF Class
If you love your freedom thank a vet.

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 11:50:14 AM »
Step 1: Replace all engine and wheel bearings with ceramic

You have made a significant and expensive advance in friction with step 1. I'd stop there.

As for the coating, there is no information out there that I could find except their own statements.

50/50 chance of being something or nothing.
greatly reduces friction and extends the life of all moving and lubricated parts it’s applied to

The coating contains atomic sulphur, which positively effects all lubricants.
Really? How?

HOW IT WORKS:
MicroBlue® literally changes the way lubricants work, the same way that soft water changes the way soap wets your skin. The coating contains atomic sulphur, which positively effects all lubricants. As a result, when a lubricant comes in contact with MicroBlue, it changes the way it “wets” the surface, reducing the surface tension of the oil, which makes it far more efficient in reducing friction.

Anybody want to scientifically explain how reducing the surface tension of the oil makes it "FAR" more efficient in reducing friction?

MicroBlue® is different from other coatings in many ways. The most important of which is the way it’s applied. It is literally blasted on the surface, and uses no heat or binders. And because it cannot bond to itself, build-up is a non issue. And the best part is there's absolutely no size change, no adjustments needed. Where other coatings use adhesion to stay on the surface, the MicroBlue process creates an atomic bond, which makes it impossible to chip, flake or peel. What's more, it's friction reducing abilities do not degrade over time. Your bearings will roll just as freely years from now, as they did when new.

If it's blasted onto the surface, the only technique that comes to mind is gas dynamic cold spray. The high energy of the particles DOES heat the surface to create the bond.
Does anybody know of a substance that "cannot bond to itself"?

Different, blasted, no size change, atomic bond, do not degrade over time . . . Absent any scientific proof or testing results, sounds like snake oil.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 10:27:31 PM »
  Snake oil?
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline mike f

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 08:01:28 PM »
hI: my name is Mike and I own MF Performance here in Wisconsin.  I was one of the first persons to use Micro-Blue coatings back in the 80,s.  I know Craig the person who came up with this process, back thenit was part of MTI.  To make a real long story short I'll tell you all a story and then you decide if it works.  Back in 2006 a car at Bonnivlle made a pass at over 260MPH.  I did the complete drive line for this car and had it all Micro-Blue coated.  After the run the driver felt a slight vibration and nose and back in the pits we found it coming from the rear end.  We also found that NO oil was in the rear end.  It was run on jack stands and made this 5 mile run also.  After taking it out I built a new gear and used ALL the bearings,races and internal parts again.  Remember it ran with NO gear oil only a slight assy. oil and the coating.  I f I had not been able to find a R&P of the same ratio I would have debured the old gears and use them again.  Now the process we use takes two steps but it works.  Steve Watts from the Speed Demon has had many parts Micro-Blue coated and feels there is a gain.  I can work within a teams budget to get the most for your dollar. Any questions call me at (715) 558-2421 or E-mail me at mfperformance@centurytel.net.  As a foot note there are a lot of snake oil items out here and I know most of them and there are also some new treatments that work along with Micro-Blue to really make parts come alive but they cost a ton.  Thanks Mike

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 08:37:08 PM »
Mike, I think it's time to move your location from the brainy part of Connecticut to the northwoods of Wisconsin.  Either you do it -- or send me a note/tell me the name of your town and I'll fill it in on the profile page for you.  Are you near Hayward -- or where?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline mike f

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 02:25:01 PM »
Hi Slim: I live near Hayward, WI.  As a matter of fact it is 22 miles east of Hayward, in the Town of Round Lake, on Moose Lake.  Don't know how the other place came up, hope this clears it.  Mike

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 02:35:09 PM »
Mike:

I usually assign new folks (and sometimes old time members) a location, often using a body part or disease for the town and trying to keep the first letter sound of the "city" the same as whatever state comes to mind.  Example:  Cerebellum, Connecticut.  In your case -- well, now that you've seen it and I've had my chuckle  -- I'll change you to Round Lake, Wisconsin.  See?  That's all it takes. :-D
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 10:24:21 PM »
im looking for someone who will do micro polishing of a bike trans and all the internal components... any referrals?

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 12:25:55 AM »
Able Electropolishing may be able to help. Used them for years easy to talk to and very good work. 888.868.2900
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline Tman

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 10:01:30 AM »
Hi Slim: I live near Hayward, WI.  As a matter of fact it is 22 miles east of Hayward, in the Town of Round Lake, on Moose Lake.  Don't know how the other place came up, hope this clears it.  Mike

Gods country, welcome. Good mountainbiking and skiing up there.